Ring Accessories

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Chime, Chime Pro, and more.
B
Chime Pro 1st gen and Chime no sound when doorbell pressed
trending
troubleshooting
chime
My Chime Pro 1st Gen does not play a sound when the doorbell is pressed. In the app it is set to play a sound and it is not on snooze. The device health is good and nothing else has changed. Now if I power of the Chime Pro and turn it back on it will play when the doorbell is pressed. but leave it a couple of hours and when the doorbell is pressed it does not ring in the house. This is also the same for the standard wireless chime again 1st Gen. I have tried moving things off the chime pro network onto my wifi and still the problem exsists. I do get a notification in the app when the doorbell is pressed but i dont always have my phone on me so this is not a solution. Can anyone Help?

02-02-2023 09:05:52

Responses (63)

D
Hi there, I have a video doorbell pro 2 and a new chime pro (2nd). Both are configured correctly and are in the same WLAN. When somebody rings, only the doorbell rings, but not the chime. I can manually trigger ringing in the app. and chime makes a sound. I can test out all ringtones and also play with the volume. Everything looks good. But when somebody rings outside the door, chime keeps quit. Also, when somebody rings, I see an notification on my phone. What can I do?

01-02-2023 08:02:06

M
Hello, over the last couple of days, both our Chimes don't ring all the time. Probably only about 50% of the time. It rings outside on the door bell button, and also sends a notification to my phone. But our Chimes aren't ringing. Is this similar for you? I have tried everything I can think of, but it's still not working! I'm in the UK. Matthew Long

02-02-2023 12:39:02

O
Known problem but Ring won’t or isn’t able to solve it :grimacing: https://community.ring.com/t/ring-doorbell-pro-2-sometimes-no-ring-alert-but-only-motion-recorderd/170280/6

02-02-2023 08:12:41

U
Same issue here. Half hour on phone to ring gets it working. Next day it's stopped again. To be honest the system is a waste of time. My phone notifications are at least 5 minutes behind so basically my bell is useless.

01-04-2023 07:16:05

T
Hey neighbors. We've brought this to the attention of our team, and rest assured, they are looking into it. If you have any questions in the meantime, don't hesitate to ask.

02-02-2023 04:13:56

T
Hi @Big_T. Is your Chime falling offline? Is it connected to a 2.4GHz or 5GHz network? Does this network switch between the two WiFi bands? Thanks for this information.

03-02-2023 03:52:20

B
It is not falling offline. my network does switch between the 2 bands. Nothing has changed in my settings. its just started happenning for the past 2 weeks

05-02-2023 08:03:05

A
I’m having the exact issue. Pro Chime doesn’t work inside. Bell rings outside. Any suggestions?

05-02-2023 02:46:18

C
Hey neighbors, you can try resetting your Chime by holding down the reset button on the side for about 15 seconds. Then set the Chime back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Link it back up with your Ring Doorbell, and test out the alerts. If the Chime is still not alerting when someone rings the Doorbell, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

06-02-2023 05:54:31

M
THREE WEEKS NOW! I have tried literally everything my end, even created a new temporary account and tethered from my phone. Still the same. Ring has sent out £100's of equipment that I didn't need... We are all having the same problem. Before 3 weeks ago, our Chime didn't miss a single bell press in 2 years. Now it's working less than 50%. We have many more Ring cameras and pay for the Protect plus yearly. Well that's up next month, and I have ordered a new Google Hello doorbell. Before this, I was very happy with Ring, and would recommend it to anyone. Now it can't even perform the very basic function of ringing a chime inside - something a basic doorbell can do costing around £10. If this isn't sorted within a couple of days (when my Google doorbell turns up), then I will cancel everything with Ring and sell off all the equipment. THREE WEEKS without a reliable doorbell isn't good enough. It's all very well saying they're looking into it, but it needs to be sorted - and why does their status page say no reported problems? And 100% up time for the whole of January and February?? If you're reading this and work for Ring, please pass this info on to the relevant departments. Before I pull the plug on all of it!

15-02-2023 10:39:35

Tom, Caitlyn, Anyone… Are you guys still alive? Any danger of a response on the forum?

22-03-2023 09:17:51

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User