General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
J
New 'improved' video download experience is a disaster
hardwired-video-doorbell
negative-feedback
cs-support
Hello, I used to use the Ring App on Windows 10 but got migrated to the 'web app' per Ring's latest changes. I was looking forward to being able to batch-download 50 videos at a time, instead of the former limit of 20. However I am seeing now that anytime I try to download more than 10 or 12 at a time, the download ends up failing with 'Network Error.' Basically my browser downloads **almost** the entire Zip file, and fails at the last moment. Example: ![image|594x117](upload://bF4ZICFWVwp3oOCulcTIR5xzHCi.png) If I try to 'Resume' it just fails again, so no help there. I've tried two different browsers (Brave and Firefox), and also tried with Parallel Downloading enabled in Brave; none of it makes any difference. I appreciate the *offer* to download a large # of videos, but unfortunately this is a DOWNGRADE because **in effect** the batch size is even smaller than before! Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there any fix, or can someone at Ring please investigate this? This is a mess.

09-07-2022 02:34:19

Responses (18)

T
Hi @J16889. This sounds like it is most likely due to some settings on your network. I've attempted to recreate this failure and have not been able to do so. This website [here](https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-failed-network-error-when-downloading-on-google-chrome/) has some great tips and tricks that might be able to assist you further with this! If that doesn't work, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

25-07-2022 08:55:04

N
J16889 - did you resolve your issue? I am having exactly the same issue. It started July 1. It fails on 3 different PCs in my house. If fails in Firefox and Chrome. I've turned off Norton and it still fails. I changed my download destination to a brand new flash drive and it still fails. I tried a mobile hot spot and still fails. It has slowly degraded - starting on July 1 I could not do 50 files but I could do 20, then only 18, then only 15, then only 12, and now only 3. I have made several calls in to Ring Support, they keep telling me it is on my side and I don't know what else to do.

10-08-2022 03:47:38

V
I'm having the exact same problem. 5 different browsers and every time I try to download a group it gives me the download and appears to do them but in the end fails every single time. It is not a network issue as everything else works just fine; I can even download them one at a time without a problem it is only when i try to batch download that it fails.

26-08-2022 02:54:51

V
Sorry I have to disagree, it is not a network issue at all. No VPN, no firewall, no anti-virus, nothing like that that would block network packets. Nothing wrong with the setup, everything else in the world downloads without exception or problem; even single Ring files (from the preview page of that video) download without a problem. it is Only the multiple video zip file download that fails every time. It starts a download and gets mostly done then fails. Tried with the 50 max all the way down to just a single file selected. Even stopped all not needed processes and only had the download running; same result. It is nothing on the client side causing the failure but something in the download script on Ring's side causing the problem.

26-08-2022 05:13:56

V
Not 100% sure but it might be a problem with the aws streaming implementation? It creates a zip file but compresses and streams while downloading to the client computer. After more testing i got it to work once but not again. The few streams i was able to grab before they were deleted...it had some of the videos but the next one on the list was incomplete and that's where the download failed. It also doesn't name the files nicely like individual downloads. Reminds me of the old ACK/NAK timeout thing. Can't be sure though don't have enough time to fully test. Maybe they should zip the files first then serve up the completed zip file? Kinda how google does when you ask for account an archive?

26-08-2022 06:25:12

T
Hi @vikingnm. As mentioned in the marked Solution for this post, this is most likely a network issue. Programs such as McAfee Anti-Virus can detect the file size of the download as malicious and cause the download to fail. Try the steps listed in the article I shared earlier to help with your concern. If you've tried this to no avail, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

29-08-2022 07:57:45

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User