General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
S
Moderators are too strict
negative-feedback
neighbors
I tried posting a video last night of a teenager coming to my door right before 11pm. As he was reaching for the door handle my dog started barking and he ran off. As he ran he yelled to his friend to run. The post was denied because it didn't fit guidelines. It didn't fit the guidelines because my dog scared him off. Had my dog not barked I don't know what would or could have happened. I wanted to warn my neighborhood in case they went to other houses. Was it not deemed suspicious by the moderators because the teenager was white? Who knows, but I should be able to post the video to keep my neighbors aware.

22-05-2023 12:40:15

Responses (4)

T
Hi @SLU_NY. I would review this document [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004851266-Neighbors-by-Ring-Community-Guidelines#Dealing_with_misunderstandings_implicit_bias_and_profiling), which explains the community guidelines listed in the Neighbors App.

24-05-2023 04:29:54

B
It's ok I tried to post a video of a kid ringing our doorbell and banging on our door and they keep rejecting it. What a worthless service if I can't even post something to aid the community to stop these kind of actions/alert others to this behavior. But then again I hear Google's Nest is a better product...

28-05-2023 01:54:53

O
I agree with previous two posters. In our area last night someone put up a post to RING neighbors warning others that a truck was damaged when people put cheese all over truck (alleged criminal behavior -- alleged vandalism) and RING neighbors immediately pulled down post. I fully agree RING neighbors has gotten too strict. I've been replacing my RINGs with Eufys

21-06-2023 03:16:58

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

21-07-2023 03:17:02

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User