General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
U

user81246

Accepted Solution
Is is possible to have nested groups?
troubleshooting

Is is possible to have nested groups?

For example, I have a Column Light East and Column Light West in the group Column Lights.

Is there a way to set that group as part of another group Front Yard Lights that includes Porch Light and Front Cam Light?

If not, can devices Column Light East and Column Light West be in more than one group, for example Column Lights and Front Yard Lights?

06-06-2024 03:15:23

Responses (2)

C
Accepted Solution

@user81246 Thank you for trying that out. I looked into this further as well, and you are correct that devices can only be added to one Light Group at a time. I can understand wanting the ability to add one device to multiple Light Groups though, so I'd recommend adding this suggestion to our Feature Request board. This will allow other users to comment if they like your idea.

10-06-2024 08:38:51

C

Hi @user81246. There is no option to have one Light Group placed into another Light Group. I believe you should be able to add an individual light to multiple Light Groups, allowing it to turn on when a device from either group is activated. Give it a try and let me know if the functionality works as intended.

07-06-2024 05:57:12

U

When I attempt to assign an individual light to an additional/new Groups the warning "When you move a device from its group, group settings...may be affected." To me, this warning implies a device can only be moved to another group, not added to another one.

10-06-2024 07:06:48

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User