General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
U

user_3a8407

Accepted Solution
Incorrect time on Ring Cams
wireless-security-cameras

I have spoken with customer service twice in the past week about the 4 hour INCORRECT time showing on all 3 of my Ring Cams. They informed me that it was an error on THEIR  part which occurred during a system update which changed the time zone. They say they are working to correct it but I'm beginning to wonder as it has been over a week now.

09-07-2024 06:18:20

Responses (3)

C
Accepted Solution

This issue has been resolved in app version 3.74.1. Check the app store to see if you have an update available for the Ring app. Please keep in mind that app updates are performed on a slow rollout, so you may not see an update available yet. Thank you all for your continued patience. 

11-07-2024 12:06:57

M

Thank you for taking the time to call CS. I just came here to see if others are still having issues, as I am as well. 

(Edit: Apparently carriage returns do not work on this community anymore?  All my paragraphs run together....)

There were several posts last week about the issue, and yours is the first I saw today. So, I am replying to bump it up.  My Ring cameras are seven hours off, so it's a HUGE pain to constantly do a calculation to figure out what time the event occured. I wouldn't have expected a time issue to take so long to fix.

Also for about an hour or so, my Ring Alarm and cameras kept going off line.  And the Ring community was unreachable. Did anyone else experience that? I wonder if it's related to issues with the system update as well....

09-07-2024 07:54:53

C

Hi @user_3a8407. Our support team is correct, the issue is currently being worked on. The timestamp displayed on video playback is showing in UTC. Once we have an update to share about this issue, we'll be sure to do so in any relevant threads. 

On July 9th, 19:26 UTC, our team was aware of an issue causing live view failures and device offline statuses. This issue was then resolved on July 9th, 21:29 UTC. You can always check status.ring.com for this information. 

10-07-2024 06:27:52

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User