Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
S
User Solution
Touch screen keypad for Ring Alarm with ability to view cameras
product-request
keypad
ios
Touch screen keypads are a modern device that has been around for a while. Currently, Ring does not have a touch screen keypad. I know you could use an old iPad but that is not safe since anyone can disarm the system without any codes. I think that a touch screen keypad would be amazing. This can allow customers to arm their system, see where the exact issue is in the event of an alarm, view cameras, etc. There are many possibilities for a touch screen keypad. ADT and other DIY systems like COVE have their own touch screen panel. Their panels allow a more luxurious feel to their system. I'm sure that this panel will need to be plugged in but that's okay. I would love for this device to be added to Ring Alarm and their ecosystem as so many others would. Just another reason to chose Ring!

14-09-2021 09:56:05

Responses (19)

S
User Solution

22-12-2023 02:22:43

M
Multi feature keypad with video touch screen. The current keypad is fine for someone who is looking for simple or basic. How about advanced users, or people who want smart home Integration, or people who just want to upgrade to the latest and newest tech. There should be a Keypad that allows you to answer, view and talk when someone rings the door bell. It should allow viewing of any Ring camera. It should be connected to other compatible devices such as lights, or accessing Wifi thermostats controls. It should double as an Alexa device. It should show the outside weather. The possibility’s seems endless with remote firmware updates - your team just needs to design and build the hardware end of things...

08-09-2020 05:31:16

U
Exactly, it love this!!!!!

02-01-2023 03:18:10

T
Hi @sunside. This is great feedback. I've gone ahead and moved this to our Feature Request Board so other neighbors can share and add interest to this Feature Request.

15-09-2021 07:40:57

LC
I think a video enabled keypad would be great! I had that with my last provider. Can you add to the list a setting that can be enabled in the Ring iOs app that requires the access code to disarm the alarm? Im using an iPad on the wall, and need to keep the iPad passcode locked at all times, but would love to instead keep it on the Ring app as a hub interface, but with my alarm code still needed to disarm the system on entry.

09-01-2022 07:04:01

S
This is what I had in mind. I would like to have them offer some security to the app. Maybe a passcode or face/touch id to arm and disarm a system.

08-02-2022 10:17:46

M
That’s will be an awesome add on. I will be nice to have a touchscreen to control the system and live view the cameras ect. That kind of technology will make Ring the best system.

30-01-2022 05:06:45

U
Exactly. If ring were to add this functionality and addition like a Ring carbon monoxide/ fire detector, Ring would be the best system on earth hands down. Over ADT, and finally be able to take down Vivint.

02-01-2023 03:22:25

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User