Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
L
Option to control alerts or notifications within Modes Settings
modes
app-settings
notifications
app-request
chime
I like to record everything outside, but I don’t need alerts on all my devices when I am home. Currently modes lets you turn off motion recording and alerts, or turn on motion recording and alerts. Why not make that two separate switches. One for motion recording and one for alerts. We have ring chimes, and multiple phones, ipads, the pc app, all going off all the time when we are home and outside. Being able to turn off the alerts for all our outside cameras, but still record while we are home would be exactly what is needed for multi device households. Currently I have to mute all my devices alerts separately and its a real pain. Especially the chime. That takes multiple steps and menus to get to it to snooze that device.

08-05-2020 11:55:04

Responses (178)

K
Currently, alerts for an alarm sensor is a simple on/off setting. That means if it's turned on, regardless of which mode I'm in I'd receive alert notifications. This needs to be configurable - based on each alarm mode. For example, in Disarmed mode, I really don't want to hear all the alert notifications at all - at least for me. I only need notifications in Armed mode. This is really annoying, when in Disarmed mode when my family members are moving around the property and I receive notifications constantly. These endless notifications simply drive me nuts.

19-03-2020 10:03:57

C
**Agree**! We should have the ability to select which alarm mode will send notification, specifically for me, would be camera motions. When I'm in away mode, yes, enable motion push notification on select camera but perhaps when in disarm mode I don't need to see my inside camera notices. Makes sense? This would also save tremendous amount of video space for you!

27-11-2020 06:38:39

C
This is a simple fix, there is no reason, regardless of the notification settings of an indiviudal sensor, that a sensor notification should show in disarm mode. Currently, in disarm mode, sensor notifcations appear if the sensor is set to display notifications, with no option to customize sensor notifications in disarm mode. I'll make the request simple, instead of customizing sensor behavior in the disarm mode setting, simply implement the following Given the account is in disarm mode When a sensor even occurs Then Do not display a sensor notification

05-04-2020 02:42:38

S
Is it possible to get a toggle on each camera for notifications and keep the motion/recording toggle separate ? This would be a nice feature for the times when motion snooze doesn't cut it. Also good for those times you want to still record but disable notifications on separate cameras. Should also be available in selectable toggles for modes.

10-04-2020 09:33:53

S
Looks like this feature gets enabled when you install both the ring app and the rapid ring app. But you cannot control notification settings in "modes" still.

10-04-2020 09:48:25

G
This would be a useful option. Would be nice to set the "Home" mode to record motion but not notify.

29-04-2020 05:56:57

M
Hi, does anyone know if this has been added or is there still no way of disabling notifications but still allowing record when motion is detected? The scenario is for when we are at home but for 3 out of 5 cameras I don't want to be notified of any motion detection, but recording the motion would be useful in the event you realise later on that something untoward has happened. Appreciate any tips anybody has. Thanks!

05-08-2020 07:30:40

J
Are there any solutions to this issue?

07-10-2020 01:06:44

S
This seems to be a component of other feature requests already posted about Modes, but couldn’t find it stand-alone. I’m simply looking for the ability to include Camera Motion Alerts as one of the settings controlled by Modes. It baffles me that it’s not. If I’m home/disarmed, I don’t need my cameras sending me alerts. If I’m away or home/armed, I do. Needing to separately switch those alerts off/on (or snooze them) makes no sense (and is error-prone, in that I need to remember to turn them on every time I arm my alarm). Did this get missed? Is there some logical reason I’m not understanding as to why that setting isn’t included in Modes?

09-05-2020 03:11:00

F
For Home and Away (and I won’t mention here that there should be a Sleep mode) they should be able to set not only the motion and recording options but also alert options. You can go into each device’s settings and manually change Alerts so I don’t see why that isn’t an option in the Modes, instead of just the two options “motion” and “live view”, the options for motion and motion Alerts should be available. This would allow me to set the Hole mode to continue to record motion (so it’s in the history of I need to check something throughout the day) but disable Alerts so I don’t get excessive alerts throughout the day while at home.

25-05-2020 11:01:23

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

U

user_3c8999

User