Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
I
Chime support for Intercom
intercom
app-request
chime
We have a door bell and intercom installed and for the chime to be really useful it needs to support the intercom. Otherwise you need the phone near to notice the intercom rings (we have a two floor flat so we’d love to use multiple chimes - especially near the terrace door), which is a shame. If this was ever implemented we’d consider getting more chimes but for now it’s a bit of a dumb device for us.

30-04-2023 03:31:51

Responses (5)

S
I would like to use the chime when my children are asleep. During this time a need to disable my preinstalled bell as it wakes them up. It would be great to have a chime react on the intercom in another room.

27-05-2023 11:37:16

U
Add an option to ring the Ring Chime device when someone rings through the Ring Intercom. I have my Intercom headset basically right at my front door, and I have chime devices in multiple rooms, I think this feature would be quite useful, currently Ring Intercom only sends notification to my mobile device and web, but there is no option to sen event to Ring Chime.

14-06-2023 12:02:41

T
It would be super helpful to connect a Chime with an Intercom. The fact that I can link the video doorbell but not the chime is illogical. I would rather want to get notified if someone rang my standard doorbell via chimes than only get notified via the app that someone just rang my standard doorbell, but then have the option to see them on the video doorbell. This way, I could replace the video doorbell with a video-only device and would not have two doorbells anymore, which is confusing in itself.

18-07-2023 09:19:10

U
i can only second the request to be able to let chime ring on intercom ringing. its nice to have the app ring, but sometimes using a "physical" doorbell is nicer :-)

20-07-2023 04:01:49

U

It would be very useful and also quite necessary in my situation to have Chime integration, where my standard SKS 8039 intercom buzzer ceased to work ever since I connected the Ring Intercom, and depend entirely upon notification of calls on my phone… Please do it !!! thank you!

15-04-2024 10:49:03

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User