Amazon Alexa + Ring

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about how Ring works with Alexa-enabled Echo devices.
C
User Solution
Closed
Ring door bell and Alexa echo dot
app-settings
troubleshooting
amazon-alexa

Hello Guys, I have problems with the use of the ring doorbell and Alexa echo dot . I followed this guide https://support.help.ring.com/hc/en-gb/sections/360006043651-Ring-Alexa- and everything is fine . I see the device connected in Alexa and everything seems fine . But if I try to push the button on the doorbell no sound exit from Alexa ! Other devices such smartphone works properly but Alexa doesn’t get the ring of the doorbell. Ideas ? Thank you

11-12-2023 07:04:50

Responses (4)

C
User Solution

Hi @Clacos84. You’ll need to make sure the Ring Skill is learned in the Ring app, and that your Ring and Amazon accounts are properly linked. After verifying that, turn on doorbell press and motion announcements according to the instructions here. If announcements are not toggled on for your Echo Dot, the Echo Dot won’t play an announcement.

If your Echo Dot still does not play doorbell press and motion announcements after trying the above, please reach out to Amazon Alexa’s support team to take a closer look. Should you have any issues with your Ring Doorbell or the Ring app, our support team can assist further.

13-12-2023 06:35:07

C

I tried everything but it doesn’t work!!

15-12-2023 02:54:06

U

Same problem here. I replaced my ring for a newer version. All the notifications work except door bell. It will not ring on Alexa but will on a chime. How do I fix so Alexa will sound the doorbell again. All settings are correct.

15-12-2023 01:33:54

C

@Clacos84 @user71298 If the troubleshooting suggestions in the marked solution don’t work, and your Ring Doorbell is working properly in the Ring app, please reach out to Amazon Alexa’s support for further assistance.

15-12-2023 07:34:17

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

14-01-2024 07:35:12

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User