Amazon Alexa + Ring

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about how Ring works with Alexa-enabled Echo devices.
Z
I can’t add my Echo Show devices as security cameras in the Ring app
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
amazon-alexa
I connected successfully Alexa and Ring using the respective accounts. I’m also able to control the Ring security system from Alexa and I see all the Ring security devices on the Alexa app. However, I’m not able to connect the Echo Shows in the Ring app. I always receive the error “there are no supported devices in your Amazon account”. Of course I have already enabled (and re-enabled a few times) the Home Monitoring setting in the Echo Show 5 and they are recognized also by Alexa as cameras. What am I missing?! Thanks a lot for your help!

04-12-2022 11:10:16

Responses (9)

J
Hi @zetarun. You cannot add Echo Show devices as cameras in the Ring app. We have this Help Center article [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048169011-Helping-Your-Ring-Devices-Work-With-Alexa) with further information regarding Alexa and Ring integration. Also, as we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a [Feature Request board](https://community.ring.com/c/products/feature-request-board/24). Feel free to add this as a feature request, along with any future feature requests. This will help us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

05-12-2022 10:14:16

Z
Thanks Justin, but so I don’t understand why I can add Alexa devices in my Ring app and when they aren’t discovered the Ring app suggests to enable “Home Monitoring” on Echo Show. Can you explain what this is meant for, please? Screenshots attached. Thank you!! ![image|231x500](upload://6WDZtfUA3hDYJqRkF32usqvNQJT.jpeg)

08-12-2022 11:17:40

T
Hi @zetarun. This Amazon page [here](https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G3ZTXBS783ML96QB) explains what it means to use your Echo Show Camera for Home Monitoring. Although we do support integration with select Amazon devices, the Ring app is exclusive for Ring devices.

12-12-2022 06:37:30

U
@zetarun I am in the same boat as you. @Tom_Ring you're incorrect, see screenshot attached from the Ring app, it says otherwise. The help article link in my below screenshot is also dead. ![IMG_0389.PNG|230x500](upload://luYeQBl8TZczNK9NfGSpOYgG5O1.jpeg)

28-12-2022 09:42:19

U
@zetarun I am in the same boat as you. @Tom_Ring you're incorrect, see screenshot attached from the Ring app, it says otherwise. The help article link in my below screenshot is also dead. ![IMG_0389.PNG|230x500](upload://luYeQBl8TZczNK9NfGSpOYgG5O1.jpeg)

28-12-2022 09:42:19

W
I came here to post the same as @zetarun as I've tried to get my devices into the Ring app only for it to not find any (there is two Echo Show 5 devices with Home Monitoring switched on). Funny how the Ring app asks us to link our Echo devices. Is this an upcoming feature that's been inadvertently revealed? ![IMG_7854375FE990-1|231x500](upload://3nnaXPfXyaIvHUrbTROKrXpVVgu.jpeg)

11-01-2023 12:31:44

U
I have a similar issue to @zetarun I’ve linked my Amazon and ring accounts successfully. I have two echo dots shown in my Alexa app, connected. However when I try to set up an Alexa connected device (ie my two echo dots) to my ring app (under set up a device > Alexa connected devices) it always returns the error message: ‘There are no supported devices in your Amazon account. To add a new Alexa connected device, set it up in the Alexa app first’. Code P13-01 How do I resolve this issue?

15-02-2023 10:15:00

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User