Z-wave extender/repeater for Ring LIGHTING

I see there is a Z-wave extender for the Ring security system. Is there one for Ring lighting?

Good question, @Zakharov! There is not an extender device for the Ring Smart Lighting. The Smart Lighting Bridge and devices run on a power efficient, long-range RF Network. The Bridge converts the RF signals to wifi to deliver information from the system to you in the form of alerts or diagnostic information.

The useful range between your Bridge and other Ring Smart Lighting products depends on the number of obstructions between them, and the materials they’re made of. The RF signal has a greater range than wifi, but you may have to experiment with your devices to find an optimal position.

Check out this help center article for more information on the Smart Lighting Bridge. Feel free to also visit ourFeature Request Board. There you can add to a similar request, or create your own if another neighbor has not yet. :slight_smile:

I have a Ring transformer that can only be located pretty far (100 feet) from the house and gets poor signal from the Amazon Echos which we use as Ring lighting bridges.

Many z wave devices act as repeaters.
If I install a Ring outdoor plug between the bridge and the transformer will it automatically act as a z wave repeater and improve the communication between the Echo and the transformer?

Thanks in advance,
Mish

Hi @Mishael40. Installing a Ring Outdoor Plug will not work as a repeater. As Marley mentioned, the Smart Lights, including the Outdoor Plug and Transformer, use a long-range RF network, and there is no range extender for them.

Doesn’t Ring Smart Lighting use Z-Wave?

How can it be that your outdoor products have to be located very close to an indoor hub? Why don’t you have an outdoor hub or extender available?

All the best,
Mish

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.