Unverified Motion Event - every 10 mins

Thank you for sharing this with us, @mrrogers1. The amount of data usage seems unusually excessive for Ring devices. To confirm, I recommend reaching out to your internet service provider to verify where the majority of the data usage is on the network. If you are comfortable sharing your results, please feel free to update us on what you find here, or even with our support team to follow up if the data usage is this high. Our support team can be reached at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Additionally, as you expressed wanting to avoid the recordings altogether, you may cancel the Protect Plan Subscription any time. Check out our help center article for steps to cancel. Keep in mind this will remove any current recordings and would not save any future recordings. While subscribed to a plan, you can individually save your recordings externally through the video sharing options. :slight_smile:

@Marley_Ring wrote:

Thank you for sharing this with us, @mrrogers1. The amount of data usage seems unusually excessive for Ring devices. To confirm, I recommend reaching out to your internet service provider to verify where the majority of the data usage is on the network. If you are comfortable sharing your results, please feel free to update us on what you find here, or even with our support team to follow up if the data usage is this high. Our support team can be reached at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Additionally, as you expressed wanting to avoid the recordings altogether, you may cancel the Protect Plan Subscription any time. Check out our help center article for steps to cancel. Keep in mind this will remove any current recordings and would not save any future recordings. While subscribed to a plan, you can individually save your recordings externally through the video sharing options. :slight_smile:

I can’t get precise device usage from my ISP but I went yesterday (Monday) with just Verification on, no real change BUT I can monitor total data usage by day and I’ll be going tomorrow with all camera’s off. I don’t want to cancel my security system with the protection plan, i just want to be able to choose when to back up to the cloud. Like, why do we have to send all the videos all the time?? When the sytem is armed, I’d want full monitoring and recordings sent but all day long recordings of unverified motions for no good reason, whether I’m getting alerts or not, is just silly.

I’ll report back with my comparisons of data after tomorrow (Tues) and see what it looks like without a days worth of unverified motion recordings.

Thanks

I’m having the same issue of black video when my ring3 alerts me! I’ve reset my ring several times, but to no avail. I can’t get my live video to connect as well! This ring device is a replacement for a ring 1st generation. I can’t seem to get it to work like it used to!

wrote:

I have reset my Ring2 again as recent as last Thursday. I also recharged the battery at that time. I was somewhat surprised that while doing the setup in my front room with my doorbell in my hand, and actually within 10 feet of my front door, my doorbell was working as I actually have video of my front room ceiling. I even installed an extender in close proximatey . My next step was to step outside my front door and connect the doorbell to the doorbell lead, which is what I did. After connecting and screwing it in place it does not work again. It detects movement but produces black video with the “Unverified…’ message. Go figure!!

I think the only thing I can do now is try to get my internet sped up some more and get my modem checked, which I have done once a few months ago. If that does not help, I will have to take the doorbell back to Costco and complain that it does not work. I don’t know if I will get my money back, but they just need to know that the product does not work.

Anybody have any other ideas?