UK cellular backup stuck on EE

I’ve recently installed a full Ring alarm system in my house - unfortunately, the base station has connected to EE, of which we have no signal in my area, and refuses to instead connect to Vodafone or O2, which both have maximum signal strength in my area. I’ve tried a factory reset, a reboot, nothing makes a difference. I’ve spoken to Ring Support and the Alarm Support Team, neither of which are interested in assisting me as they claim “the base station will find the strongest signal to connect to” (it clearly does not). There is no clear pathway to raising a formal complaint about this. Does anyone know what my options are now? Whenever my internet drops out, or the router reboots, my alarm does not work, and that’s unacceptable. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help resolve this.

Hi @simondo78. That is correct; the Ring Alarm Base Station SIM card will connect automatically to the cell tower it can reach first. We are not able to change what cell tower it connects to. You can try moving your Base Station to a different part of your house and rebooting it to see if it will reconnect to a different cell tower. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add the request to change which cell tower the SIM card connects to, as well as any future feature requests. This will help us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you made in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors who come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Thanks, @Justin_Ring - however, I’ve tried moving the base station around the house, it makes no difference. There’s no way the SIM is connecting to the cell tower it can reach first, it’s been locked to EE for some reason. As I said, we have no usable EE signal here, which is confirmed by me switching off my internet router - my Ring alarm goes offline, there’s no cellular backup because there’s no usable EE signal. Which leaves my house without a working alarm system, which is unacceptable. Since Feature Requests get ignored, please could you direct me to the complaints procedure at Ring? How do I make a formal complaint about this? Thank you.