Turn lights on Floodlight and Spotlight Cam on and off via Alexa voice commands

Many users who purchase the Ring floodlight camera do so to replace an existing floodlight that, while it lacks camera functionality, had previously been set up to operate remotely by voice control, either using a smart light switch controlled by Alexa or other modality. Such users are disappointed when, upon installing the Ring floodlight camera, they learn that they’ve lost the ability to control their floodlight by voice control. This is a bad user experience and would seem readily rectifiable given that the lights can be controlled using the Ring app, and given that the live camera view – by far the more sensitive privacy concern – is already accessible through the Alexa app. I personally have a hardwired floodlight cam and two wireless spotlight cams, the lights of which I’d very much like to be able to control by Alexa, including integrating the lighting into my Alexa routines. I would purchase three additional hardwired floodlight cameras if this functionality existed, but as it stands, I value my voice control over my existing floodlights far too much.

Great find for the workaround. It’s too bad that you can only put a device into one group. I would like to be able to have a group for all floodlights and another group for front-porch, etc.

The Ring Security lights are recognized by Alexa a light device. I have a mix of Floodlight cams and security lights around the perimeter of my home. If you don’t need the camera, the security light is a good option that can be controlled by Alexa. The security lights connect via a bridge, but I believe the newer Alexa devices can act as a bridge.

Beyond me why the total functionality isn’t there, after all Amazon owns Ring.

@Caitlyn_Ring This functionality would be useful to me.

I have both a Ring Doorbell and a Floodlight Cam. I want the floodlight to come on when there is motion on the doorbell.

The Floodlight sensor on the camera is just a few feet to far to detect motion at my front door so in the evening, the area remains dark when we have guests walk down or driveway.