Stick Up Camera & WiFi Extender

Hi All,

Newbie to the forum here! My parents have got a stick up door camera and it works fine. However it has a poor WiFi connection so I gave them my TP Link WiFi Extender to improve the signal, however the camera won’t connect to it. When I copy and paste the extender password, the button to connect is greyed out? So I manually typed the massively long password and the connect button is greyed out after I typed the last character so I’m thinking it’s too long but I have no way of changing the extender password…

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thank you!

Hi @user79169. Typically, the WiFi password will be the same for your home network and the extender. An alpha-numeric password will work best. You can also make sure you are using the correct ports and protocols, as seen here. Let me know if this helps!

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response.

My parents phone connected to the extender no problem using the long password, I tried using the router password and it wouldn’t connect so I’m confident the long password is correct.

Ports are all ok, I just think the camera won’t accept a password that’s too long because if I delete a character, the button to connect to to the extender is then not greyed out but of course the password is wrong as I had to delete a character from it. I can’t change the extender password as it seems to make its own one

Hi @user79169. That is odd, but it may be that they are just not compatible. If you’d like a device that will be guaranteed to work, try the Chime Pro.