Solar Pathlight Replacement battery

Has anyone had any luck finding the right-sized 18650 battery for ring solar Pathlights? One of mine died after a month or so, bulging at the top, and I can’t get anyone on the line to send a replacement.

If Ring just SOLD them this would be much easier.

I spent an hour on hold (system said ‘less than 20 minutes’) and gave up. Anyone got a link to the right battery so I don’t have to spend another hour+ just for a battery?

2 Likes

I’ve had the same issue. Still searching for suitable replacements myself. Everything I’ve found in the big hardware stores has been the wrong size. IF RING JUST SOLD THEM!!!

2 Likes

I think you could probably find brand name high quality replacement rechargeable batteries which might be a bit smaller and make them fit with metal shims

Nitecore model NL1832 is what I’ve been using as a replacement for a couple weeks with no issues. The 18650 comes in 3 types. Flat top, unprotected button top and protected button top. The battery from the factory appears to be a protected button top. This battery was the closest to the specs of the battery from Ring.

3 Likes

These work and fit fine

4 Likes

Wonder how many people just buy a new solar light and throw the old one solar light away because ring does not sell a replacement battery? Ring has a replacement battery for cameras though!

3 Likes

Thank You. I will try these

2 Likes

Thank You for the link

2 Likes

Thanks, I will try these and the charger!!

3 Likes

Thank you, I have eight of these. I bought another set to use the battery. The light comes under warranty for a year. It is a hassle and a lot of time, but I returned two just for a battery replacement. I talked to technicians, and they act as if it is easy to purchase these batteries.

If Ring cannot provide an adequate solution and be honest with the customer to let them know the batteries last roughly a month depending on use, they should stop selling these lights. I love the look, just the hassle of battery replacement.

I went to Batteries Plus, and they refused to sell me batteries because so many people returned them.

I lucked out this company provides free shipping over a certain dollar threshold. Thank You

2 Likes

Honestly after just purchasing replacement batteries. It is cheaper to just buy new solar path lights. One battery costs anywhere from $17-25. Ring really needs a better solution than this. I would not recommend this product just because the battery replacement is a big issue.

2 Likes

Ring solar path lights are the worst product they have. They are not reliable, battery issues and they don’t sell their batteries replacement. I can’t see why they still sell this product without pull them off the shell. Amazon owns Ring and they say nothing about it.

I rather go with 4D batteries, you can put the lights wherever you want.

3 Likes

On the Ring website, they do seem to offer replacement batteries, but they are listed as $29 apiece, which seems like a lot of money to me.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! If you’re running into any concerns with the batteries in your Solar Smart Lighting devices, such as the battery itself being damaged, the best course of action would be to follow up with our support team. Other neighbors have also shared suggestions of different third-party batteries they’ve used in this thread as well. For further assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

For those who are still looking - I finally found some batteries that are right-sized. Both of these work for me:

2 Likes

I purchased two of these batteries for two of my ring path lights and they did not last more than a month. I believe the path light killed the battery just like it killed the RING batteries it came with. These path lights are the worst and to think I purchased several of them. Save your $$$ don’t buy any replacement batteries, do yourself a favor and throw those POS lights in the trash.

1 Like

I bought five of these Ring solar pathlights in March 2021, the first of the batteries started failing just after the one year period, which considering they fully charge every day in the Florida sun was rather disappointing as the two AA batteries in my garage door keypad are going on five years now and still work fine without recharging every day.
Having been unable to find replacement batteries from Ring here - which is a completely idiotic business decision by Ring/Amazon - I bought the only pair of 18650 batteries with the similar specs (3200 mAh, 3.7V) I could find here in the Jacksonville area.
Sadly those only lasted a month each and are once again totally dead so either these lights begin to cause faster battery drain after time or the aftermarket batteries are no good.
It says this topic has been “solved” but it most certainly is not solved since Ring does not sell the replacement battery which may prompt me to simply tear out these Ring pathlights and go with a different brand that one can easily get replacement batteries for - and last longer than a year.

1 Like

I received my 2 path lights for Christmas 2021, & installed them in early April 2022. 3 days ago I got a notification that the batteries were dead. So… only 4+/5 months of service. Buyer beware, or at least open-eyed (& open-pocketed). I’ll definitely be updating my Amazon review with this disappointing information.

We have 16 Ring outdoor lighting & it’s nothing but an overwhelming hassle trying to get them to work properly on a daily basis. I went through SO MUCH BS with Ring & these lights. VERY DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER! Ring QUIT LEADING CUSTOMERS ON WITH LIES ABOUT YOUR JUNK PATH LIGHTS. What a security device. This is a joke! My hard earned money WASTED!!!

1 Like

Ring does not offer replacement batteries for the Path Lights they do however sell replacement batteries for the cameras.