Ring spotlight goes offline same time each day

My recently installed Ring Spotlight goes offline around 2 PM and back online at 7 PM. Facts. we have 1 ring doorbell and 2 spotlight cameras. All hard wired for power. All when active RSSI-60. All three within range of WIFI router. Camera in question is equal distance to WIFI as others. No issues with other 2 devices. Saw a post that I may need to look at my router and make changes.

Hi, I thought I would let you know I have a similar issue with my ring spotlight camera. In my case my camera goes offline at night consistently at 11:45 PM until 8:00 AM but it is not really offline. It just says so in the app. If you go outside and trip the camera you get a notification, the lights come on and the app shows the camera as back online. Checking your wifi connection shows no errors, my RSSI is in the 50’s so its good, checking or resetting the camera does nothing (everything shows the camera and system working perfectly before it goes offline of course) , reinstalling the app does nothingas well. I have found that after a couple of years these units develop a mind of their own (so to speak) and the only solution I have found is to replace them. They then seem to work relatively well for another couple of years. If anyone has found another solution let me know.

Hi neighbors. If your Ring devices are falling offline at the same time every day, I’d suggest checking your network settings to ensure there are no automatic resets or security measures in place that could be disconnecting your devices. It’s always good to make sure your Ring Cameras have a strong signal, but it’s also important for that signal to be stable. Other devices on your network and certain building materials can cause interference.

If your Camera is showing as offline but appears to still be functioning, try fully resetting your Camera by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. Once the reset is done, walk the Camera through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Should these concerns persist after trying the above, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hey, after having this problem for about a month, I found that it was likely caused by 2 spotlight cams sharing a single Google wifi mesh puck. I think the issue happened due to the 2.4 ghz network either being too weak or not big enough. After I added a second puck closer to one of the cameras, my offline issues seemed to go away. It’s been 48 hours with no problems.

1 Like

Hey @Danzuran, thanks for sharing this tip! This solution could work for other neighbors using a mesh network. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.