Ring Mailbox Sensor Needs Improvements

I have the ring bridge and mailbox sensor set up and Alexa plays a tune and announces when the mail arrives. My mailbox is over a bit of a hill and maybe 150 feet or so from the house, so it was difficult to position the bridge to pick up a signal. More integration with other Ring technology would be welcome.

BUT the reason I’m posting this request is the actually sensor installation and maintenance is a nightmare. I have a commercial size steel mailbox, and I managed to finally get the sensor installed in the back of it. But changing the batteries is a nightmare. It’s just short of impossible. It’s just not the design that other ring products has, and I don’t know that I could recommend this current version.

I guess the title of this voting can be improved to raise awareness.

But yes, I agree that replugging the sensor’s battery compartment back onto the sensor’s lid and the antenna is very difficult. I often have to unplug and replug several times before I finally get the sensor connected to the ring. Someone is also raising the same concern (community.ring.com)

1 Like

I guess a solar charger for the mailbox sensor is not a highly desired feature. I also have an issue changing batteries and would love to hook up a solar panel like I have on my doorbell. Maybe some day!

1 Like