Ring light schedule not working

I just recently installed the ring light for the front step. I set up the schedule to turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn. It just never works for me. Anyone else is having a similar issue?

A lot of time too, when it’s supposed to be off, it’s on. In this case, I turn it off manually. But within minutes, it turn on by itself. Anyone has suggestions on how to fix this?

Hi there, @vutama1109! If the light scheduling has never worked, it may be an error in saving these preferences. Optimal connection between your mobile device, Ring app, Ring device, and home network will help to ensure that your in app actions or changes are saved and initiated properly. Please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the mobile device, or any android apps that might conflict the Ring app. Try removing and reinstalling the Ring app, and recreating the desired light schedule.

I recommend also checking for any linked devices. If you have a Ring Camera linked to a Smart Lighting group, this may interfere with the light scheduling options. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi, no I don’t have any VPN installed. I only have a Ring doorbell and a ring stick up camera. There’s no schedule set either. Also, whenever I found the light is on, I switch it off. But within a minute it turn back on by itself.

Reinstalled the app and still having the same issue.

Thank you for completing those steps, @vutama1109! If that did not resolve this concern, and there are not any linked devices causing this, this might require a closer look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.