Ring - Issues with Pan Tilt Zoom

I have one Pan/Tilt camera that I originally bought from Ring a month ago and it was working fine last night as I was panning around without issues. Then today I got 2 more Pan/Tilt systems (from Amazon and Best Buy) and they keep failing to calibrate the base. So then I tried the one I’ve already been using for a month and now the base is not working for that camera either. Like others have pointed out, it must be a system problem on Ring’s side but it is frustrating that these cameras are so dependent on the stability of Ring’s system as obviously an error on their end brings down a lot of people’s security systems. :frowning:

1 Like

Brand new stick up camera and pan tilt base order on Amazon Prime Day. Failed initial setup with error on calibration of home position. Did factory reset of everything and still have the same error on calibration. Camera itself seems to work fine but problem with the base.

Looks like I will add to this post as another user reporting the issue and waiting for a fix.

1 Like

Ordered 5 of the PTZ mounts. Installed 2 of them today and like everyone else, stuck at the calibration screen failure… SMH.

1 Like

Same here, was working fine up until a week ago, now both Pan-Tilt devices stopped functioning.

1 Like

I also am having the same issue the past few days. Im glad i found this thread because I likely would have spent hours today trying to correct the issue. Im guessing its a software issue? Hopfully there will be a fix quickly! I really hope Ring is monitoring their threads!!

ill just add mine also to the long list of tilt and pan bases that aren’t currently working then. clearly a software issue due to the flood of people having the same issue all within the past 4 days. mine wont calibrate, just pin-wheels then times out. sit tight and wait for an update i guess.

+1, just discovered mine isn’t working either.

So the new PTM arrived and guess what…….that’s right the same issue :exploding_head:
Why is Ring sending out replacement parts when it’s clearly a software issue at their end??? :thinking:

I was on through the chat service and they told me to ring them on these numbers
For the (US) 01727263045. For the (U.K.). +44 0808 196 57 67. For troubleshooting assistance
This has been going on for too long now WHAT’S UP WITH RING !

Having same issue. I called support yesterday and they are sending a replacement. From reading these comments I guess the replacement won’t fix this problem. Snafu!

I’m also having the same problem. Fails to calibrate on a brand new PTZ. Guess I’ll be waiting for a fix from ring…. Yay

same here but I am returning them today. can’t wait for a fix

Great news!!! I got home a few minutes ago and found the pan tilt to be working again. No reset required. Just works again.

Mine calibrated and worked when I got home from work…then tried again 15 minutes later and it reverted back…30 minutes later, the calibration timed out, but it’s working (?). Not confident at this point.

Still working…confidence slowly building

Working for me as well. Looks like they are slowly resolving

Bought my stick up cam with pan and tilt base on Prime Day. Just installed it today and no pan and tilt functionality. It worked briefly when i connected to my account, but after an update, it was bricked.
I see that some are coming back online, so ill wait before returning it back to Amazon.

1 Like

I rebooted my camera again this morning and it breezed right through calibration and finally started working. Hopefully it stays working

Still not working after reboot

Still not working. Does it’s rotations after booting up but no luck afterwards.