Ring Doorbell not connecting to Bose Home Speaker 500

Hi.

I have a Ring Doorbell, and an Bose Homespeaker 500 with Alexa embedded. I can get my Ring doorbell to make announcements to my native Alex devices, but i can’t see my Bose speaker in the Alexa app Ring Doorbell set up step.

Does anyone know how to get my doorbell ring all the way throught to my Bose? Its our main home speaker so it would make our doorbell ring much more effective!

Thanks in advance.

Greg

1 Like

Hi @gregnewman. You can refer to our list of Alexa-enabled devices that are compatible with Ring devices in our Help Center Article here. At this time, Bose speakers and devices are not directly compatible with Ring, which is likely why you’re not seeing the option to connect them in the Alexa App. Feel free to add this suggestion to the Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

I also want to know if I can connect my doorbell to my Bose smart devices soon.

1 Like

I also want this feature

Hi neighbors. Bose speakers and devices are not directly compatible with Ring. I searched the Feature Request board and found this request for Ring to work with Bose speakers or sound bars. We use the Feature Request board as a way to gather and share feedback with our teams here, so feel free to add your comment and vote on that request. You can also find more information on Alexa-enabled devices that are compatible with Ring in our Help Center article here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Disappointed to read this as the ring website says its compatible with all Alexa enabled devices, but 2 years after this post, it’s still not compatible

I see this is still not possible a year later. This is 2023 and very disappointing that device interoperability is an issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.