Ring doorbell not charging (NOT SOLVED!)

Ok. I’m done. Tried everything. Not in a high traffic area. Weather not below 65 degree, or severe in any way. Looking into alternate ‘cam’ devices.

Ring - Customer service is everything. You should know that by now.

1 Like

Check it again, mine was not charging for months and suddenly it is once again showing it is hardwired and 100% charged. I am hoping that Ring has finally resolved whatever they did that caused it to stop charging in the first place. I don’t believe this was ever a hardware issue, I think a software update caused the problem last winter, they fixed it for awhile (the solar status disappeared) and then broke it again in May/June when they tried to put the solar status indicator back. Mine is not solar, never has been but just before it stopped charging, the indicator showed up as active and the hardwire disappeared. Now, hardwire is back and all is well (for now).

Hi,

Yes and I think the message of subject line tells it all. Several of us have been here many times with Ring. Solved… not solved. Sorry to have no confidence but solved today is no assurance of Ring keeping something fixed. To be honest its an aweful mess.

Personally I have got to the point where they should just be absorbed into the greater Amazon and work on Blink or some other hardware. So many better choices. If it were not for the financial outlay then I would have gone a while back. Its not a quality or cheap solution.

Having the same issue, worked fine for nine month. Was installed in January in the cold New England weather. Now it does not recharge . Checked power supply and it’s good. . Loosing 2% of battery everyday. Please advise or correct the issue. Thanks

I have not even had my ring doorbell hard-wired for a year, and it’s NOT CHARGING!!! I even added the rubber washers, still NOT CHARGING!!!

I used steel washers, not rubber, and it started charging. You may want to try that.

Tired that too! Didn’t work

Can I get a clarification on what is needed with the washers? I used the U-shaped wire lugs under the two back screws, and wire-ends are then wrapped to the original door bell leads and then capped off with the provided electric screw caps. Where do the washers go and does anyone know why this works or does it? Also, what size washers should I be getting when I go to the hardware store.

I have the same issue with my Ring door bell 2. Suddenly stop charging out of the blue and drained battery to 0%. Customer Support was no help, they just keep telling me buy a new battery and my device is out of warranty so no more help with replacement either.

I took everything out and charged my battery up to full. Then I plugged everything back in … voila it showed HARDWIRED… for 1 hour later it went back to BATTERY only. Seriously frustrating something cost this much certainly turn in a paper weight.

Am having the same problem. Mains connected for the last 5 month working great. Still mains connected no saying 4% battery

Yes also for me. It’s that time of the week. Beautiful 22c . Apparently that’s too cold in the day to to charge when it goes to 12c at night. Makes you wonder what climate everyone lives in when we get given the design specifications. Shut up give me your money and buy the latest version and take our subscription

Started having the same issue with my Ring Doorbell. I contacted Ring Support this evening via telephone. First they told me my battery was defective and that I needed to purchase a new/replacement device. I pitched a fit, so they offered me a 35% discount on a new/replacement device. That p#ssed me off even more, so they finally agreed to send me a new one free of charge. They know they have a problem, they just aren’t willing to admit it yet.

First test is: Does the Ring Doorbell actually “RING” inside your house. Does it activate the inside doorbell system? If it doesn’t, youre not hooked up correctly. I’ve fixed two of my friends systems, loosening the plate on the wall, so it is perfectly flat, not bent, or warped in any way. then the wires have to be completely connected clean, if they are not, the inside doorbell won’t work, and you’re not going to get your internal battery recharged. I have loosened the plate to make it flat, put rubber washers behind it, adjust it and make sure it’s flat and when you slide your Ring Camera/Doorbell back onto it, tighten the locking screws, and test to see if you can operate the Hardwired house doorbell, if you can’t, it’s not done right.

The product functions normally and the doorbell still works properly, except the battery does not stay charged. I cleaned the contacts and wiring connectors and that did not fix or correct the issue.

1 Like

Instead of washers, try trimming the connection wire a little more, wrap it twice around the power connection screws. I didn’t have the inside doorbell ringing, wrapped the wires twice, all of a sudden, perfection!!

There is no connectivity issue; you have no idea what you’re talking about.

1 Like

This is how bad it is. Forget electrical problems. No oxidising on cables. No flexing of backplate. That’s just poor design choices too but anyway. Battery at 51% wait for it. … New app update. We sat and predicted it was coming. BOOM installed update and LOW BATTERY. Like a Swiss watch. If one more person mentions high resistance in this post I’ll consider them working for the company.

It’s RING’s issue. Doorbell installed for over 2 years and working fine. Suddenly battery won’t stay charged. Nothing has changed except firmware.

2 Likes

It is 100% a Ring firmware issue. Ring sent me a new doorbell free of charge and the issue is resolved for me now.

Wow, good for you. What generation doorbell? I called tech support yesterday and got the same cold temps/change settings song and dance for our gifted gen 1 doorbell. I understand my device is out of warranty and really didn’t expect them to replace it but if it really is a firmware issue, I would appreciate if they would flash my current software.