Ring blacklist IP?

For over a week now we have not been able to use the ring app (iOS or website ring.com) to use our products while connected to home Wi-Fi

On Wi-Fi at home:
When I click log in on ring.com I get a 406 access denied error immediately

When I open the the apps (ring or rapid ring) it logs me out or gives unknown error when trying to log in

On LTE at home it works fine
On LTE remotely it works fine

From research it sounds like ring is blocking my home IP.
Called customer support and they asked if we were using vpn. Answer: no
Customer support also said they don’t have tools to unblock IPs
They said to reach out to my ISP (spectrum) but didn’t tell me what I should ask them…

It was working fine for the longest time and then stopped. This happens in my wife’s equipment as well

What’s the next step?

Hi there, @Phyxiis! This is certainly an odd occurrence to hear of, and I thank you for providing such great detail. After reading through, it sounds like your Ring devices are connecting to your home wifi network, as intended, and also successfully communicating with the Ring app, but is only accessible via the Ring app when the mobile device is using cellular data. As this is also true for the website, this certainly narrows it down for us.

As long as your events and recordings (if subscribed) are making it to your Ring account (confirmed by accessing w/ cellular data), this is a great sign that the flow of communication is mostly working up until the mobile device is attempting Ring app/ website operation via wifi connection. The next best test would be to try another wifi network whenever available. If possible, you can also check your network details via your router’s user interface to confirm that the mobile device is connecting successfully to your wifi network during these attempts.

Another good step would be to try accessing Ring.com via a computer, if available, to see if only mobile devices that are on wifi are having this concern, or all devices. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Computers on Wi-Fi at home do not work when accessing ring website either.

The network connectivity of computers and phones on Wi-Fi work normally and as expected other than ring access (YouTube, google, web surfing, etc)

Hi @Phyxiis. Happy to chime in for Marley here. If you are still having this concern, I would reach out to support regarding your open support ticket so they can provide you with the details that your ISP would need. Once verified, you can ask the support agent to email you with the information needed, rather than just trying to remember it all. I hope this helps!

It seems that either ring is blocking the IP we have been given from Spectrum, again, or Ring doesn’t like the use of dns servers 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1. It was working for a while since this post and now all of a sudden I’m being blocked again

I’m having the same exact issue. Was this ever resolved?

Funny I happen to look at this. No. It’s currently happening again now randomly where I can’t even log into account.ring.com or access the cameras. It still notifies me of motion and such.

Main reason I’m asking for support again is 10min after I left home this random woman came up and rang the doorbell asking about an owner of a car on the street. She put her cell phone over our doorbell and my wife called the police.

Hopefully Ring stops blacklisting our Spectrum ISP.

Would hate for something to happen and we can’t view stuff because ring decides to block our home WiFi (I’m a sysadmin with 10 years of experience and so I’m well aware of what blacklisting looks like)

Also the fact that this topic was hidden because it was considered spam is also disheartening

Sorry to hear this concern is persisting for you, @Phyxiis! As it sounds like the steps previously mentioned in this thread did not resolve this, the next best step will be to reach out to our support team. As you’ve likely worked with our support on this in the past, when calling in this time, feel free to request your ticket be escalated to level 2 support.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Issue is happening again.

Hi, just checking if you use a VPN?

If so you may find that you cannot access the Ring Cloud. Basically Ring started restricting VPN connectivity some time ago, but it’s not consistent.
Therefore the Restrictions on VPN connectivity can be intermittent or permanent depending on the Ring cloud settings.

No vpn used. I was able to get someone on an advanced team and then escalate it to Security engineers. Waiting on a response

1 Like

Did this ever get resolved? I am having the same issue now. Been on the line with ring and my isp. Frustrating.

See my post in this thread. This is not a problem at Ring.

1 Like

Thanks, @jimyouse!

For any other neighbors sharing this same concern, please reference @jimyouse response explaining it further here:

Which mentions checking vpn and inquiring with your internet service provider. If you would like our support team to take a closer look for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: