Ring-Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring-Alarm and Ring-Alarm Pro.
U
Request for help
pre-purchase-question
alarm
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras

Hi everyone

I am a new ring user and I would like to protect my house fully. Can anyone guide me what all to buy

I need 7 door sensors and 3 motion detector. What other things should I order? Like outside camera, indoor camera , etc

11-03-2024 06:28:02

Responses (2)

C

Hi @user78769. Welcome to the Ring Community, we’re glad to have you here! It’s really up to you which Ring devices you want for your home, and you can add new devices at any time. Keep in mind that the Ring Alarm Security System is required to use Ring Alarm components, such as the Contact Sensors and Motion Detectors.

Each Ring Doorbell and Security Camera also requires 2 Mbps of download and upload speed, so it’s important to ensure you have sufficient speeds for the number of devices you want to add. We have a placement guide here which can help you determine which Ring devices you want, and where you’d like to set them up.

I’d also suggest reviewing our Ring Protect plans, to see what additional features they offer and how much they cost. The Ring Protect Basic plan covers one Ring Doorbell or Security Camera, while the Plus plan covers all devices at one location. Let us know if you have any other questions! :slight_smile:

11-03-2024 06:04:09

U

Remember the first rule of security: Physical security first, electronic security second.

Make sure your doors and windows have good locks (allowing for fire exits). Use "Beware of the Dog" and "CCTV" signs in strategic places. Fit motion activated lighting high up, not just those found on Ring cameras as they tend to attract brick-throwing yobs. Make sure doors have deadlocks that need a key to open.

Once your house is physically secure that's 90% of the job done. You can then move to an alarm system. The second rule of security is contact sensors first, movement sensors second.

Fit contact sensors to all windows and doors that are large enough for a ten year old child to crawl through and those designated fire exits without physical locks.

Fit PIR Motion Sensors to entrance halls and landings but make sure they do not face windows.

Fit Glass Break Sensors to any rooms that are not fitted with PIR Motion Sensors or contact sensors that have large expanses of glass like sunrooms and conservatories.

Fit Outdoor Contact Sensors to garage doors and sheds containing expensive garden tools.

Fit a hardwired Outdoor Siren (really zero point in an alarm system that doesn't have some sort of outdoor siren).

Fit Range Extenders where there are gaps in coverage.

You can fit cameras if you like, but you need to know your wifi can punch through your walls. I needed Deco Mesh with an X50-outdoor node as my house is highly insulated. Remember to keep to any local rules regarding direction, you normally need to keep inside your own land boundaries. Cameras should cover obvious entry/exit points and any key outdoor areas like pools and driveways.

16-06-2024 12:58:33

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User