Privacy zone

I set up 2 zones…because they were not what i wanted i deleted them both. Im now trying to set them up and it says i already have the maximum setup. I rang thr helpline…she told me to login to someones elses phone to edit them so i did i get thr same message. Ive tried removing the app and reinstalling ive also tried rebooting the device…nothing changes. Can anyone help please

1 Like

Hi @Hels. Which model of Ring Doorbell or Camera is this happening on? If you have any other Ring devices, are you able to successfully add Privacy Zones on those devices? In addition to the troubleshooting steps you’ve tried so far, I would recommend also ensuring that your Ring app and your phone’s software are fully updated.

I have the same problem with my spotlight cam+. This happens on my Galaxy S22 phone and galaxy S8+ tablet. All firmware and software is up to date.

Uninstall and reinstall and factory reset didn’t help. I am able to setup privacy zones on my other camera without any issues.

Hi neighbors. Since you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps we would recommend, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

is there any update on this issue? i have the same problem. I think there is a bug in the firmware which needs to be fixed.

I’m having the same problem. I had one privacy zone set up and tried to add another.
It wouldn’t let me delete the existing one and it now won’t let me add another.
What’s even more problematic is that there is no privacy zones showing on the feed anymore, this could be a huge legal problem for me, as I need that privacy zone to avoid being sued by my neighbor.
I’ve only had the doorbell for one day, and it’s already causing more problems than its worth.

Hi neighbors. Information about Privacy Zones can be found here. If you need help creating or deleting a Privacy Zone, this Help Center article here has that information. Be sure that your Ring app and your phones are up to date for the best experience. If you are still needing assistance after reviewing the information above, Please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Created 2 zones. Went back to edit. No zones are available to select to either edit or delete, says I already have 2 zones and feed is showing neighbours property!

Hi @ScubaStu. If you are unable to edit your Privacy Zones, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi @ScubaStu, just got a new ring device and did the exact same and have ran into the same issue. Can you share any solution you found?

@Caitlyn_Ring Can you advise any specific solution rather than generic statements to contact customer support. It seems many people have the same issue.

My ring camera is currently recording directly into a neighbours window and I currently can’t add a Privacy zone. It says max zones already allocated and need to delete - No privacy zones active - None to delete - Can’t add.

Thanks in Advance

1 Like

Hi @KRANA. The Ring Community is a public forum, so we can assist with general troubleshooting tips and tricks. Make sure your Ring app is fully updated, and try to edit your Privacy Zones on a different smartphone or tablet if you have access to one. If that still doesn’t work, further troubleshooting would require the assistance of our support team as they will need to take a deeper look.

1 Like

I had 2 spotlight cams fitted yesterday. Set up a privacy zone and tried to edit them but said max number of zones set up. The zones aren’t showing up so cant select to delete. Any update on how to overcome this?

1 Like

I had the same issue. In frustration, I touched all over the screen to see if an unseen privacy zone would show up and one did so I deleted it and then was able to add a new zone. Looking at my camera view in Landscape, the “magic touch” was close to the top and a little left of center.

2 Likes

Hi @Sueinsand. Thank you for sharing the steps that worked for you, this could work for other neighbors as well. If you do run into this issue again, definitely follow up with our support team so they can take a closer look. :slight_smile:

Has this issue been resolved? I have the same problem and I I touched all over the screen to see if an unseen privacy zone would show up and one did so I deleted it and then was able to add a new zone. Looking at my camera view in Landscape, the “magic touch” was close to the top and a little left of center. However the privacy zones have disappeared again.

1 Like