Option to control alerts or notifications within Modes Settings

I was advised by a security technician to use your retrofit to update my existing 30 year old security system that is wired to all windows and door. It works pretty good and I am very happy with the Ring camera’s and security system. I do see some room for improvement, however.

I would like to be able to disable push notifications for entry doors when at home and the system is in the “X” selection of the app or wall mounted key pad. Often when I am home, I go in and out of doors frequently and could have the potential for 25+ in and out push notices in one day. This is distracting and a waste of time attending to notifications that are of no value to me. I foresee using the “Home” choice on the app or keypad for entry door push notifications.

I also have found that there is an untimely delay between a doorbell ring and the push notification that I receive on my mobile phone. The visitor is usually gone by the time I receive the notice. I realize that the many variables involved with signal transmission make this difficult. Please suggest what selections I can make to speed up the notice.

Summary:

1. Disable entry door push notification when the security system is in the “x” mode.

2. Speed up doorbell to mobile phone notification.

Please would it be possible to add whether the notifications could be set.

So the options that could be set for each mode would be:
Live view. On/Off
Motion alerts On/Off
Motion detection. On/Off

2 Likes

In Modes, add the feature to set alerts per device and sensor. For example, in Away Mode, I want alerts on for motion, doors opening or closing, etc. When in Disarmed I may only want alerts for sensors where I can’t see the area. And in Home mode you could set your exterior access sensors to give alerts. Right now, alerts are per device or sensor and are either on all the time or off all the time for a particular sensor and running through a list of dozens of sensors to turn on or off alerts isn’t feasible.

This suggestion would be a helpful feature enhancement.

1 Like

I would like the option to only receive motion alerts in Home Mode. This way when the system is disarmed during the day, I won’t have to individually turn off my notifications for the sensors everyday. In away mode have the motion sensors set to trigger an alarm.

Currently, Ring Mode settings can control Cameras, Chirps, Locks but not Chimes. Would like to use Mode settings to control chimes, so certain chime won’t ring in Disarmed mode. Thanks

This would be great. I would also like to be able to use modes to determine when I get notifications.

For instance, if I am at home and my kids and dogs are coming in and out, I still want my back yard camera to record but not send me notifications.

Currently the only option you have is to either record or not.

I want this for the opposite reason. I want my in-home chime to ONLY ring when in “Away” mode so that that my dog barks when we’re out, but not at home.

It would be nice if we could allow motion schedules to be assigned to specific modes, for example I do not want my security camera to notify me of every movement when we are home, I expect there the be movement around the house during the day when we’re in (which I’m doing with the ‘home’ mode and a movement schedule on the camera). However, I would want to know about any movement when we’re away (currently I have to disable the motion schedule in addition to changing to ‘away’ mode).

This is exactly what I would like to see on the ring camera

currently we set HOME mode setting to turn notifications off as otherwise like you mention if would be sending us messages all day long when it detects any movement

we then switch it to AWAY setting when we go to bed and have set up to receive all notifications for any movement. Obviously it’s a case of having to remember to do this every night and then changing back to HOME in the morning.

Not ideal but it’s easier than having to change mode and also changing the schedule which it sounds like you are doing.

The option to have a schedule for each mode would fix this .

Agree agree agree! Come on Ring. Get this done!

1 Like

I am truly baffled that this still doesn’t exist, there must be so many people in this situation? I want motion notifications when I’m away but not when I’m at home. It’s just total common sense and the existing snooze/motion schedule features really miss the mark on resolving this from every angle.

Snooze - Achieves what we want but you have to snooze each camera individually every 4 hours, and doesn’t adapt to Home/Away modes

Motion Schedule - Great if you do the exact same thing without any deviations whatsoever every single day, but who does that? If you set up a motion schedule and then go out and arm your system, you’re still not going to get motion notifications.

Solution - an additional toggle in the mode settings for each mode, to turn on/off motion notifications. It must be such a simple fix, I can’t believe it doesn’t exist this many years later!

1 Like

I think it would be beneficial to have an option within the various modes to sleep notifications coming from cameras, security systems, etc. Similarly, a way to sleep/mute notifications within a certain geofence indefinitely, so if I am in my house and set to disarmed mode, it will not send notifications to my phone for tripping the cameras, doors, etc. I still want it to record and document, just not notify.

In the app, when in the mode “home” there should be an option to stop notifications but leave the device to record/take snapshots. Currently, it’s all or nothing.

THIS! I don’t know anyone that wants to stop recording. Either to catch funny moments or potential problems, but we don’t need to get a vibration every 15 seconds when we are mowing the lawn.

Hi,

Im a new Ring user ive installed 4 cameras in August and looking to expand but find the Modes section very under utilized. Modes has so much potential and at the moment I can’t get my cameras to operate as id like for the different modes.

There are 3 Modes and only 2 options for each. (Motion detection & Live View)

Id like to add the below options

#1 Disable Notifactions
I want to record all motion events on certain cameras but not recive notifactions for them.
Id use this for disabled mode which I use when im home. I use Home mode when im asleep when I also don’t want notifactions but want to view any issues that happened over night in the monring.

#2 Alarm with Motion
I want to put cameras in locations like my garage where is motion is detected while in Away mode i want the Alarm to sound on all linked cameras. I can’t see me ever using the siren manualy.

#3 No light with motion
I personally don’t need this feature but I can see it being used in Home mode if a camera is near a bedroom.

2 Likes

When our Ring Alarm is in Home Mode I get motion alerts if my wife gets up before me. Really need to be able to set Motion Sensor notifications to ‘Off’ in Home Mode and ‘On’ in Away Mode PLEASE!!

1 Like

I’m looking for a way to change alert settings (on my mobile device) when my alarm is set to a particular mode. For example I’d like to silence / disable all motion related alerts when I set the alarm system to the Disarmed or perhaps the Home mode but see all of these alerts when in the Away mode.

I’m getting way too many alerts on my phone as it is now. When I’m at home I don’t want to be alerted every time one of my kids, my wife, the mailman, etc walks by one of my cameras but when I’m away I definitely want to know about motion related alerts. That said I still want to record everything just in case I want to go back and look at something that happened, I just don’t want to be alerted about everything.

I understand that you can enable and disable Motion Detection (recording, not alerting) per mode and that you can snooze motion alerts for a period of time but neither of these options work for me. I also understand that you can individually enable / disable motion alerts per camera (one at a time) but this doesn’t work well either as I have several cameras and I don’t want to remember to change all of these settings when I’m home vs away. I’m looking for an easier, more automated way to do this.

It seems that simply adding an option for “Motion Alerts” under Mode Settings > Cameras in addition to the existing “Motion Detection” setting would solve my problem but this option doesn’t currently exist.

1 Like

Feature request for motion detection to be enabled but Motion notifications disabled when I’m at home, I still want to record motion/snapshots but I don’t want the garden motion notifications pinging off every time I go out in the garden when the alarm is disarmed.

+1 me too

I want outdoor alerts in home mode when everyone’s indoors. If someone’s in my driveway or on my porch I want to know about it then.

I don’t want it constantly alerting when I’m out in the yard or doing things in the driveway, at which point the system is disarmed.