Notifications away from home

Hi there

A question about when I’m away from home.

Other than video doorbell alerts and assisted monitoring calls when the alarm is triggered, will I get notifications on my phone when there is some sort of activity in my house?

So for example if I’m away from home and the alarm is triggered can I get a push notification on my phone as well as a call? Or if I forget to set the alarm for any reason when going out, would I get a notification if there is some sort of activity such as a motion sensor detecting movement?

Or does my phone need to be connected to the same WiFi as other ring devices?

Many thanks!

Hi @os1984. By default, you will receive a push notification when the alarm is triggered. As for the other notifications you’re referring to, you can control which sensors you want notifications for To change which sensors you receive notifications for, open the Ring App > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Contact Sensor or Motion Detector. On the Contact Sensor, you’ll see toggles for Open and Close Alerts and on the Motion Detector you’ll see a toggle for Motion Alerts. Your phone does not have to be on the same wifi as your Ring devices, but you will need a valid internet connection on your phone in order for the push notifications to come through. I hope this information helps answer your questions! :slight_smile: