New Mode features for Ring Cameras

Modes are rather useless. You have geofencing in the sysytem that sends a notifcation to remind the user to switch the mode to away. This is useless. What needs to happen is when ring detects the user has left the geofence it automatically switches to away. This needs to take into account all users that live at the location.

Also, there needs to be a mechanism that allows motion disabled cameras to be enabled via modes as well. And an additional mode needs to be added for nighttime use.

For indoor cameras you probably don’t want cameras on by default but when you go to bed at night they turn on at a specific time and off at a specific time in the morning.

Please add these features to make the system useful.

Yes. I am a bit surprised by how poor the functions are. The app already has my location, why can’t it switch modes automatically?

Also, you should be able to silence everything, even the doorbell sound at night. I live in the center and more than once my sleep got disturbed by people ringing my place by mistake. It all could be avoided if there was this simple silence function in the app.
I’m truly surprised that a “smart” device has not these features.