New 'improved' video download experience is a disaster

Hello, I used to use the Ring App on Windows 10 but got migrated to the ‘web app’ per Ring’s latest changes.

I was looking forward to being able to batch-download 50 videos at a time, instead of the former limit of 20. However I am seeing now that anytime I try to download more than 10 or 12 at a time, the download ends up failing with ‘Network Error.’ Basically my browser downloads almost the entire Zip file, and fails at the last moment. Example:

If I try to ‘Resume’ it just fails again, so no help there.

I’ve tried two different browsers (Brave and Firefox), and also tried with Parallel Downloading enabled in Brave; none of it makes any difference.

I appreciate the offer to download a large # of videos, but unfortunately this is a DOWNGRADE because in effect the batch size is even smaller than before!

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there any fix, or can someone at Ring please investigate this? This is a mess.

I just downloaded 25 in Edge with no problems.

1 Like

Thanks.

I tried Firefox on a completely different computer (Linux) as well and the same thing happened.

Does it work if you download 50?

For the first 1-2 days after this feature rolled out, I was able to download 50 at a time. After that, this happened. I’ll give Edge a shot, but I’m wondering now if it’s something wrong with my account.

50 downloaded as well.
You can contact Ring Support here (https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406-Contact-Us). Be forewarned wait times are long.

2 Likes

Tried 50 with Edge, same issue unfortunately.

I think I’ll try Support in a day or two when I get a little extra time.

Appreciate your help.

1 Like

Hi @J16889. This sounds like it is most likely due to some settings on your network. I’ve attempted to recreate this failure and have not been able to do so. This website here has some great tips and tricks that might be able to assist you further with this! Let me know if this helps!

J16889 - did you resolve your issue? I am having exactly the same issue. It started July 1. It fails on 3 different PCs in my house. If fails in Firefox and Chrome. I’ve turned off Norton and it still fails. I changed my download destination to a brand new flash drive and it still fails. I tried a mobile hot spot and still fails. It has slowly degraded - starting on July 1 I could not do 50 files but I could do 20, then only 18, then only 15, then only 12, and now only 3. I have made several calls in to Ring Support, they keep telling me it is on my side and I don’t know what else to do.