Neighbors App has wrong address

#2 seems to be the only reasonable “fix” even if it isn’t a fix, but it’s way better than creating a new location, moving devices, setting up professional monitoring again, etc.

Thanks krudy.

WOW, the negativity here is really bad.

Although we might not like the way RING responds to this issue, the root of the problem is that the GPS is broken. In my situation, EVERY time I type my address into an app that uses GPS it puts me into Trabuco Canyon, 92679. In some cases I am able to override the city and zip code, but the underlying GPS will continue to think I’m in Trabuco Canyon. It’s not like the same street exists over there, it’s just a fault with the GPS.

The problem I have with RING support is that they aren’t willing to change the Neighborhood app to be MANUAL. It’s ALWAYS going to use GPS and ALWAYS going to give me a Neighborhood Incident Report for Trabuco Canyon instead of my actual Neighborhood.

My GPS puts my phone where it should be. The Neighbors app does not.

2 Likes

Saying GPS is the issue isn’t right either. Every other app that utilizes my phone’s GPS or location service puts me in the right spot.

Also, the Ring app doesn’t ever request location access. But yes manual entry would solve this entirely. That’s our problem with Ring Support. There’s a clear solution, at least from our perspectives as users, and it hasn’t been addressed. I wouldn’t say the negativity is unfounded.

That’s a bummer. I was hoping this was just a GPS issue that would eventually correct itself.

Havig the same problem. Any fix comig up soon?

Just wanted to thank you all for this solution I had been dealing with this issue since i installed my first ring device. Appreciate it i had forgotten about it until I upgraded, doorbell, and 3 spotlight camera’s to the fort. It is I think something I am going to move to entirely. Security system and all.

1 Like

This did not resolve my issue with wrong address in neighbors settings.

I completely agree with you. Somehow, being sold a product line for a few thousand dollars that—come to find out does not work as described—then being patronized with customer support offering solutions that they know do not work…it tends to make me negative. I guess being intentionally ripped off and lied to are my hot buttons. It would be one thing if Ring read these posts and are working to resolve the issues—they don’t and they aren’t. This forum is the pit we’ve been lured to with a promise of assistance only to realize that it’s just us here and Ring is long gone.

The solution Ring offered was not designed to fix your problem. It was designed to fix their problem, which was you complaining to them about their product not working as promised. You’re now just complaining to other Ring customers who have the same problem and can’t fix it. This frees up Ring support resources to offer non-solutions to new, unsuspecting customers.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. This did not fix it. I now have two location in Ring with the correct address, one wrong address in Neighbors, and no clue how to get ride of one of the Ring addresses.

1 Like

We shouldn’t have to guess. That is their job.

If it was me, I’d cancel Ring and get my Credit Card Company to contest the Pre-paid amount. You aren’t getting what you paid for so time to find an alternative.

I’ve had this issue for 2 years and I think I found a work around! I created a new account with a different email address in the Neighbor app, not the Ring app. I selected the ‘use current location’ option and it found me…I finally saw my neighborhood map! Then I logged into my Ring app with my original email and under Account:Users I added the other email address I used for Neighbors. Logged out of Ring and relogged in with my Neighbors email address. When I select ‘Incident Map’ I have to select the new location to see my neighborhood!! So now I will login in as the shared user. Hope this helps for some of you.

2 Likes

This is exactly my issue. I am the shared user with the stuck “neighbors” address while everything else is right.

This workaround is not worth my timers implement. This is a ludicrous problem as my address is saved in Ring server with professional monitoring. Fix the Neighbor App! Out of patience. Deleted the app for second time a moment ago.

1 Like

I finally resolved my issue. in the Ring app: maunally enter address WITHOUT the street number, but everything else. Thhen, in the Neighbors app it will allow you to change your address from there using location. This is the only thing that worked for me and hopefully stays fixed.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ve spent too much time on the phone with support trying to resolve this. While this is not a valid fix, it is a good work around. Ring still needs to actually resolve the underlying issues and fire the person that marked this as solved without actually fixing anything. As stated earlier by another person, I work in IT and wouldn’t have time to clean out my desk if I did that.

1 Like

Do Ring and this Neighbors thing not have a data sharing agreement? A wild guess would be that the ‘location randomization’ is being applied to what Ring is telling Neighbors our address is, instead of after. Otherwise, this is completely a back-end screwup. The server provides the app the data to populate, if it is wrong it is the back-end coding’s fault, and they need to fix themselves.

2 Likes

I just tried the ‘fix’ of removing the address from the Ring app but it appears that no longer works.

After removing the house nummber the Neighbors app was showing the address as ‘lat: 0, long:0’.

But as soon as I entered the correct address into the Ring app the Neighbors app refreshed with the same, incorrect, address :frowning:

The Neighdors app did not allow me to enter an address it simply said to go fix it in the Ring app.

1 Like