Multiple Ring Alarm Base Stations At One Location (UK)

Are there any limitations to using multiple Ring Alarm systems at the same location in the UK?

I noticed from various discussions on this topic that in the US only one base station at that location can have professional monitoring, but given the monitoring in the UK is entirely automated does this restriction still apply?

Hey @IWMTom. The Ring Alarm is intended to be used with one Ring Alarm unit at one location. This is true for the UK and the US. This Help Center article here has more information on this. I hope this information helps.

Afraid that doesn’t really answer my question.

I’ll ask again…

Are there any limitations to using multiple Ring Alarm systems at the same location?

To add further context, I’m wanting to setup a multi zone system which you don’t currently support, so my only option is multiple systems at the same address.

I need to know whether this is supported both in terms of the Ring app, and the automated monitoring.

Hey @IWMTom. Only one Ring Alarm unit can be used at one location. If you have multiple Ring Alarm units at one location, only one will be able to use the Assisted Monitoring. Additional units will have to be Self-Monitored. I hope this is more clear for you.

@Tom_Ring Can you confirm that this is absolutely the case in the UK given that the system is entirely automated and doesn’t in any way contact the emergency services? If so, why?

If the automated monitoring is not available for multiple base stations at the same address then I shall have to return my Ring Alarm system and seek an alternative provider…

Hi @IWMTom. The information I’ve provided is accurate. Only one Ring Alarm at one location can utilize the Assisted Monitoring feature that is described in this Help Center article here. If you try to register more than one Ring Alarm at the same location, you will be prompted to change your address because there is already a Ring Alarm using Assisted Monitoring at the address.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to contact a Ring Alarm support agent with any additional questions. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for your response.

I’ll have to seek an alternative provider as Ring Alarm does not suit my needs.