Motion alert but then shows 'No video found'

Usually quite tech savvy but this has me stumped and annoyed.
Had the ring doorbell 3 and chime pro for just over a year. But I’m now not getting motion notifications even if someone is right at my door. I’m getting notifications of they ring and live view is fine.
Then when I’m checking the history in the evening i have plenty of motions on my property but when clicked to view i get the ‘no video found’ message or on the ones that do play it is just black screen. I’ve followed all the instructions on the site and nothing has worked. My Internet speed test using both rings recommended site and one i normally use show as being well over recommended speeds, the Wi-Fi showing as good on device health section (between 45 and 55) and the health of my ring doorbell is showing as overall good. I’ve tried resetting internet connection to both chime and doorbell but to no avail. Which is annoying since I’m paying £8 each month and have purchased chime pro to help with any Wi-Fi issues my doorbell might have,
this was all done to ensure that I can catch the vandal teens who keep coming onto mine and my neighbours property.
Anybody got any other tips that might help before i go into the queue for technical (who will no doubt tell me to do everything I’ve already done again)

Hi @user24511. Typically, receiving this error message when trying to access a recorded event indicates that there may have been a wifi connection issue at the time the event was recorded. Checking the RSSI on the Device Health and running a speed test are both great starting points. It seems like you have sufficient wifi speeds and your Doorbell receives a good signal, but there may be some intermittent interferences causing some motion events to not be properly recorded and processed.

Since you aren’t always receiving motion notifications, check out our Community post here for some troubleshooting tips and tricks on notifications for iOS and Android devices. Additionally, I’d also recommend performing a full reset of your Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After this reset is done, set the Doorbell back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Monitor the Doorbell’s behavior after that to see if you’re still receiving this same error when viewing events in the Event History.

For further assistance if this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have the same problem. What is the solution?

Hi @Funfemale65. There are some troubleshooting steps and information listed in the marked solution. I’d recommend reviewing that information and completing the troubleshooting steps. If that doesn’t resolve this concern, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have 2 doorbell cameras (front and back) and an indoor camera. This issue only happens with the doorbells. did an experiment and located the doorbell cameras next to my router and the indoor camera as far away as possible. Indoor camera has no issues and works great. doorbells have more of this issue than recorded video. I’m positive that the issue is with the Doorbells. Ring must have done something about a month ago for this to start happening. have the equipment for about 2 years now. I’m ready to cancel my subscription to the door bells as they are unreliable.

1 Like

I agree that Ring has done something in the last few months. I have had Ring doorbells & spotlight cam since 2017 with us no problem. All of a sudden I’m getting motion alerts with no video available. They are also saying motion when it’s supposed to be person detected. I’ve done all troubleshooting with Ring and even called my internet provider numerous times. I even changed out my modem/router with my internet provider. Still not fixed. They are about ready to lose my yearly amount that I pay because I’m ready to change all my Ring to another brand. And don’t come on here telling me to do troubleshooting. I have been on the phone every evening for a week. I have done all their troubleshooting. They have sent it to the escalation Dept.

2 Likes

I’m getting this too. I have solid, ‘enterprise grade’ WiFi. Ring always blames issues like this on home WiFi, but the evidence suggests the doorbell devices are especially poor at WiFi communications (even out of the box). But then you add software issues which can be introduced and it gets worse.

1 Like

I have also had the same problems

I have a chime a doorbell and a camera. The doorbell started playing up about 4 weeks ago and nothing i do fixes it. I manage our own enterprise AP’s for wifi and there are no concerns or issues with wifi. I have defaulted the ring 3 times and resetup but it still faults permanently. Another fault is when someone rings the bell or i do get motion alerts they are at least 20 seconds delayed

Same problem, one doorbell and a camera - the doorbell works perfectly, the camera is starting to have random motion alerts and “Video Not Found” when I click on it.

Live view is fine, connection is great. It’s seems this is something that Ring need to fix.

2 Likes

Hi neighbors. As mentioned by Caitlyn, if you have tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post and are still having the same concern, it’s best to reach out to our support team to further investigate.

I am having the same issue and it’s very frustrating. I have a video doorbell and two spotlight cameras. For the past few months, echo show 8 announces motion detected. However, it shows no video and never says person detected. When I ask Alexa to show me the front door or wherever the motion is detected, the video is shown in PIP and I have to enlarge it. None of the troubleshooting steps have helped. I think this is due to an upgrade a few months ago.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.