Missing important motion

I am about to ditch ring for the fact that this is the second time that my cameras didn’t pick up IMPORTANT footage! Once it was a car accident in our front yard and nothing picked up, I have the setting high too so that’s not the issue. Second happened today! We have an inside and outside garage camera and someone stole my husbands bike from there and NEITHER picked up any motion! This is getting out of hand how I will mess with the settings all day and nothing will work! You have to be basically right on top of the stupid camera for it to pick up anything!

1 Like

Lol someone trespassed on my property yesterday and somehow Ring substandard cameras did not pick up the motion. Tbh their cameras act up frequently and it’s getting annoying especially not receiving answers in a timely manner. My motion alert keeps changing back to regularly instead of staying at frequently so I get continuous coverage. Hopefully yours pick the motion back up properly soon!!

There is a major problem with frequency setting not being able to set at Frequent hence missing a lot of detection and alerts. Read the other posts on Motion Frequency won’t set to Frequent. I hope Ring takes this seriously and get it fixed!

Hi @MBeck. If you have already tried changing your motion settings and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance. If you are having issues with your Motion Frequency not saving to what you set it to, this has been addressed in this Community post.

I have constant issues. I have a long sidewalk and its in full motion detection area settings. My ring doorbell NEVER captures anyone walking up my yaed, but will occasionally record them walking away. I have a light motion camera on my garage for a 2nd camera and I had a car stop in front of my garage and egg my house. I caught the last snip of headlights. The lights come on but th3 camera doesnt record? Lights pick up motion so shouldnt the camera also recoed the motion. So my 2 most important cameras suck basically because they never capture any important event. My 3rd motion camera in my back yard picks up everything and goes off non stop even after making the motion area super small. Says person when there arent any.
The fix? Always same ole stuff…make sure its your settings or your wifi. Well Ring?? What is the fix if its your product becusee my wifi and settings are NOT the issue. I want a legit fix for this waste of money!

You are referring to a thread that you marked as “solved” but there has been no resolution for a month now

NOTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED!!! PROBLEM STILL EXIST! RING APP IS NOT SAVING MOTION SETTINGS TO FREQUENT AND KEEPS GOING BACK TO REGULAR AS SOON AS YOU EXIT THE APP FOR iPHONE IOS USERS! I (we) ARE MISSING A LOT OF DETECTIONS AND ALERTS AND NOT GETTING OUR MONIES WORTH FROM THE CAMERAS AND PAYMENTS FOR THE PREMIUM PROTECT PLAN. STARTING MAY 03, 2024, THIS PROBLEM WILL BE ONE MONTH OLD. I’VE CALLED CUSTOMER SUPPORT COUNTLESS TIMES AND SAME SCRIPT OVER AND OVER. RING NEEDS TO TAKE THIS MATTER SERIOUSLY AND FIX THIS ISSUE IMMEDIATELY! I AM BEYOND FRUSTRATED AND FURIOUS.