Live View not Working with Dual Sim

Also an Aussie user with dual SIM (physical and esim) on iPhone SE. Same problem.
I spent ages on Ring helpline but got nowhere. Found this Ring Community and then discovered Tassiebean’s brilliant solution, Hurrah! Thank you so much. Your solution works great!
Thank you, Thank you.

Same problem in Italy with two SIMs with iPhone 11
I solved by disabling VoLTE for the sim that doesn’t use data.
However, it is necessary to investigate for the definitive solution

I am also facing this exact problem, EE and Vodafone SIM in the UK. I use an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Got the Ring Smart Video Doorbell Pro 2.

The video works perfectly on Wi-Fi on live view, but when I connect to mobile data with the dual sim’s both active and set up, it shows Streaming error sometimes and other times takes 15 - 30 seconds to load.

However l, when I deactivate one of the Sims, the video is clear and loads instantly.

The support line told me to check the Wi-Fi strength and my mobile Internet speed, and all that is perfectly fine.

Upon reading the forums, it seems that the rapid Ring app did not have this problem, but that one seems to have been discontinued and the main ring app has this bug, which doesn’t like the dual Sim set up.

I would encourage any other users to report this to advanced technical, I’ve done this and will continue. I’m going to chase them up until they resolve this issue.

Surely deactivating one of the SIMs is not acceptable solution for a £200 plus doorbell!

I have spent months trying to sort this and just worked it out this morning - googled it and found this thread on here (glad im not the only one).
Ring was no help and didn’t even tell m there was a known problem. I need duel sim and not going to change because Ring cant fix a problem that is affecting a high number of customers - waisted a years subscription and £££ door bell and the Pro extender as was told it was my end - also a new router and thought it was that not allowing me to go in from 4g.
Has anyone got an update or how this can be escalated?.

1 Like

RING fix it!!!

Seems we’ve done the triage for you… it’s definately a repeatable process…

Call on the smart IT folks at Amazon if you need to…

I’ve got slack, teams, webex all streaming full video calls on this same setup, But somehow I can’t see who’s knocking at my door unless I’m sitting at home on Wi-Fi!?!?

Don’t blame it on my cellular bandwidth… that’s not the issue here.

Just fix YOUR issue!!

1 Like

I still have this problem. This issue has been know for a long time now, but the Ring team does not see the need to fix this.
Apparently they don’t mind if people around the world have the same problem with their Ring camera’s.
I’m about to throw al my camera’s in the trash and upgrade to a brand that doesn’t have this problem and with a support team that really tries to help their costumers.
It’s such a stupid problem, even my 10 dollars budget camera i use for my balcony is able to work with dual-sim.
How a big brand name like Ring can have this problem for months without even acknowledging it just baffels me to be honest

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.