Live video and playback pulses

Hi all just installed my hard wired doorbell pro 2 ( have had at least 3 other ring doorbells so well versed in them ) - after installing the pictures and videos were excellent and I was well impressed but then when in live view the picture started to pulse ie blur slightly then focus - this shows up when playing back so uninstalled and reinstalled and it was fine until an hour ago when it happened again - changed Wi-Fi but still happened it then resolved itself but I am not happy with it - the router is 5 feet away from the door bell and has signal at 41 and the voltage is perfect - anyone had similar issue

Hi @gmac11283. Can you share a video example of this pulsing in the playback that you’re seeing? When attaching this video, you will need first gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring App and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. I’d be happy to take a look. :slight_smile: