Kwikset Home Connect 620 integration

I would also like to request the 620 lock to have full integration

Bumping this. This is ridiculous to only have basic lock/unlock that doesnā€™t even update in the app if the lock is manually turned. Please get on this!

+1
I was expecting Ring App to get the status update when the lock is manually locked and unlocked but unfortunately it does NOT.

Because it does not update, I cannot trust the status shown in the Ring app for this lock as it is misleading.

You might be sitting in Cancun, sipping margarita, looking at the Ring app and trusting it that the door is locked but infact, your door might be left unlocked.

I would love to have better integration of this lock with being able to set the user codes to match those in Ring and such as well. Its Z-Wave+ and a current version so why not provide better integration for it?

Integration with 620 model would be so helpful. I know a number of people that own this same lock and itā€™s unfortunate it lacks all the integration features with Ring. Please help :slight_smile:

I also purchased this thinking it was compatible with the Ring Alarm. While in have paired it manually, I get the same ā€œcritical configuration errorā€ previously mentioned. I can open and lock, and set codes based on the alarm codes (and the codes are accepted by the lock), and it shows battery level (at least seems to). It would be nice if exterior codes can be different than interior codes (and 6 or more digits vs just 4).

I donā€™t have experience with previous ā€œcompatibleā€ locks, so donā€™t know what isnā€™t working correctly, even though it is paired.

But if is there a way to know what the critical error is preventing? Does anyone from Ring support answer here?

Hi @dmaister. The Feature Request board is where neighbors can share ideas and suggestions for new devices or feature updates. For troubleshooting questions or concerns, please create a new post in the appropriate category. Another member of the Community or from our team will provide general troubleshooting tips and tricks. You can also search within a category to find similar posts and see if your question has been answered before.

Iā€™d also like to be able to use the Kwikset 620 with Ring. Kwikset advertises the lock as ā€œcompatible with Ringā€

Will this be resolved??? Itā€™s been a complete waste of my time and money with this lock. My error message was please insert batieres when trying to connect it to the ring app. Obviously the batteries are working if the app is saying this. Ring is starting to go down hill very fast. So much so that switching back to ADT or brinks might be an option. They donā€™t even call anymore when thereā€™s an alarm thatā€™s gone off. And the cameras lag.

I, like a few other users have mentioned, was able to add the lock through the Ring app and itā€™s showing ā€œcritical configuration errorā€. However, I donā€™t have any previous experience with other z-wave locks so I donā€™t know what, if any, problem this is causing. From what I can tell, it lets me unlock/lock from the app, I can assign codes to users, it shows me lock/unlock events (even when itā€™s [un]locked manually and from one-touch locking) so I am not sure what functionality is not working.

1 Like

Pleaseā€¦pleaseā€¦please make this lock fully functional under Ring. I can lock or unlock from the app. That is it. All codes have to be manually entered on the keypad. This thing is so close to being a great lock. Just need a push to get it to work like the older models.

This should have been done already. Is this going to happen or are we wasting our time asking for this? Someone from Ring please chime in here and give an update or just tell us it is not happening so we all know. Leaving us all hanging and not replying is not a good look for a company.

1 Like

@Caitlyn_Ring has any technical staff from Ring even looked at this board? There is a product being advertised that works with Ring, but Ring does not officially support it. It has been almost 2 years and Ring customers are tirelessly getting frustrated. Many of us pay monthly / annual fees and expect the latest updates when new products that are being ADVERTISED as working with Ring, but in turn do not actually work.

Please escalate this, it seems like this is falling on deaf ears / blind eyes.

1 Like

Well Iā€™ll be a monkeys uncle. As soon as I posted my scathing comment, I did a factory reset on both locks. Ran the scan code again and boom shakalaka, got them both in my ring app. No idea what I did different from the previous 50 attempts, but they work. The alarm disarms now upon unlock and arms on one button lock. Soon, I wonā€™t have to get out of bed at all. lol