Kwikset Home Connect 620 integration

The Kwikset Home Connect 620 Z-Wave smart lock is advertised by Kwikset as being compatible with Ring, and is also marketed as replacing the existing Kwikset 888, 910, and 914 products that are all compatible and integrated with the Ring Alarm. I’d like to request that this new lock be integrated into the ecosystem to allow for feature parity with the existing retired locks.

Ditto the request! I was expecting “auto lock “ features and schedule lock capabilities. I can use the ring app to “lock and unlock” zwave lock, but it seems there is some missing features. Geofencing and some features are needed. Kwikset surprisingly doesn’t seem to have an active app for the 620 model. Kwikset has drop the ball, but I know Ring will improve their mistakes…. Thank you ring!

3 Likes

I also would like the Kwikset 620 integrated.

2 Likes

Make it happen now! This should already just work!

2 Likes

I’m bumping this again.

I would really like these locks to work or have an explanation why they are not going to be supported. If they are not going to be supported then Ring really needs to reach out to Kwikset and tell them to stop advertising the 620 as compatible with Ring.

I set mine aside after initially finding the compatibility issues. I was planning to use the extended holiday return windows to give Ring and Kwikset time to work on full compatibility. Well I forgot about them so I guess I’m not just returning them now. I guess I’ll have to connect them through Smartthings for code management and I won’t get the Ring integration. I’m thinking that maybe I should move all my locks back to Smartthings at least then I get to use longer codes.

4 Likes

I too expected full support based on the kwikset use of the ring logo. I was able to add my lock manually but it ought to be listed as a named device.

2 Likes

I also was mislead by Amazon description that the 620 was the replacement and would work with alarm functions. Please make it so the 620 is fully functional with the ring alarm ( gen 2 ). Thanks

2 Likes

Yes please add the ability to apply access codes

2 Likes

I got a Kwikset Home Connect 620 today and it paired fine and everything appears to be working with my Ring (v2) system (shows locked status, transfers my alarm codes for each user, and can remotely lock/unlock).

However despite everything totally working, it shows “Critical Configuration Error”. Does anyone else see this message?

3 Likes

I want to see full integration for the ring alarm with the Kwikset 620 lock. It doesn’t work like my old Kwikset 810. It lacks all the features the old 810 had within the app.

2 Likes

I second this request

2 Likes

Agreed, integrate the new 620 series kwikset

2 Likes

Please enable the ability to manage the Kwikset Home Connect 620 through the ring app. It is advertised as working with ring on the kwikset website, and since it is the replacement for the existing “works with ring” locks I assumed it would allow full control to change passcodes but it does not.

2 Likes

Adding another vote for the 620 and full integration. This is my first smartlock and feeling a bit duped it lacks some generic smartlock features.

2 Likes

Yes please add native support for the 620 like many others I have a kwikset 888 or other and it works great with ring. I bought the 620 because the product listing says it is the replacement for all the z-wave locks from kwikset however the ability to set codes and have them automatically disarm or arm the system was not available with the 620. So it no better than the $60 deadbolt that Amazon themself make.

2 Likes

Please add full ring support for Kwikset 620. Mine currently only locks/unlocks from Ring app and only give me notifications when locked/unlocked from the app. If manually locked/unlocked or a code is used Ring app does not recognize the new status and will not send a notification. It would also be nice to be able to add codes through the Ring app. I know there are several other nice features that Ring has with other Kwikset locks and it would be great to have them added as well.

1 Like

Bumping this again. Like many others here, the 620 is being marketed as the direct replacement to the 910. The only functionality I currently have with the 620 is lock/unlock and notifications. I bought the 620 with the expectation that I can create guess access codes for an airbnb residence without having to travel there to program it manually.

1 Like

Also was misled into thinking that the 620 would have the same compatibility as other Kwikset keypad smart locks. Please fix this.

1 Like

No, the Kiwkset app does not work with the 620. I purchased and installed 3 of these. Had I known then what I know now, I would have went with Schlage.

i just installed 620 z wave/ ring compatible lock. i could lock, unlock through ring app, but if i open manually after locking through ring app, status still shows as locked (in Ring app) even though lock is manually opened. same is true for reverse. this will pose a serious security issue as we presume it is locked but it may be actually unlocked manually. Ring app has to automatically recognize if the lock is in locked or unlocked position whether it is done through Ring app and/or manually. Ring need to address this issue on top priority.

Enabling autolock feature may be of some immediate relief for the above proble. However, I am clueless how to do this as I do not find instructions in the installation manual. Any guidance is appreciated.
Thank you

1 Like