Keypad sounds

I got up this morning and went to disable the alarm but there are no keypad sounds at all so i did it by phone instead. Everything was fine yesterday and i havent changed any settings at all.

Its only been installed a few months so not exactly overworked.

Or has someone got an email address can use to contact Ring. Im loosing faith in this system since its only been in use for literally a few months.

Hi @Zeb1. If you’ve lost the sound in your Keypad, try to briefly press the reset button on the Keypad. To do this, you’ll need a paperclip to insert in the pinhole on the back of the Keypad. This will reset it and should enable the sound. If for any reason this doesn’t work, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

Thanks for the reply. I managed to contact Ring yesterday and did the paperclip reset which did nothing so they’re sending another.

Im still disapointed that its gone wrong already though.

1 Like

Hi @Zeb1. I’m glad that our support team was able to solve this for you.

Its been 5 days since i rang them and ring said i would have another in 3 days, but nothing has been delivered.

Im really dissapointed in their aftercare treatment and will go out on a limb and not recomend Ring.

Hi @Zeb1, happy to chime in here. Shipping time typically takes longer than a few days, especially when accounting for the weekend. Since this is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum and not a direct line to support, you would need to follow up with our support team for an update on your replacement. You can reach them at one of the numbers available here.

Good day. I rang other day and they made a mistake and did not complete the orignal order so the new one was never sent. Im still a bit underwhelmed with Ring at the moment to be honest.

Maybe i should have just bought the Simplisafe alarm instead.

Well after a third phone just now they’ve promised to send one.

No idea what the heck ring are doing with this level of inept. It seems to be a company run by monkeys.

If anyone is considering a ring alarm put those feelings in the bin and go for simplisafe instead.

Just a recap.

Received the replacement keypad this morning at 10:30. I scanned it onto the ring system and stuck it on charge. Right now, it is 15:30 and its still only showing 50% charge so i guess this is faulty too.

Looks like tommorrow is going to be another long day sat on the phone. This is just not right.

I will admit to a mistake on my behalf. I phoned ring this afternoon and the guy explained that the first charge takes many hours and true to his word it did.

The device is now showing full % and im happy the problem has now been resolved.

1 Like

@Zeb1 You’ll want to allow up to 8 hours for the Keypad to fully charge. Once the Keypad is fully charged, the green battery light on it will be solid green rather than flashing. If it does not reach a full charge after about 8 hours plugged into a standard power outlet, you’ll want to touch base with our support team again. :slight_smile:

Edit: I see your second reply loaded after my reply, but I’m glad to hear that everything is working well on your end now!