iOS - Ring Peephole - Motion Alert keeps turning off

After reinstalling the app, do we have to rescan all cameras again? or will pick up the old setting. Thanks

Thank you for this information. This keeps happening to me and itā€™s maddening. I will try what you suggest re removing the app etc but I am concerned that you say Bluetooth has to be disabled. I use Bluetooth all the time for my AirPods. Are you saying disable it just once when reinstalling? If it needs to be disabled all the time for motion alert to stay on thatā€™s not an option for me. Can you please clarify? Thanks

Glad other people having this problem too as I thought I was doing something wrong! Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app but still no joy! Itā€™s a nuisance having to keep going into app to check if motion alert on but hopefully Ring are able to sort this glitch out soon!

1 Like

@Mar1 the only solution at the moment is a workaround with the second Ring App ā€žRapid Ringā€œ.
It takesover the push funktion from the main App.
Helps till the fix.

1 Like

@Alex69 Once you reinstall the app, it will pick up the old settings you had, no worries! :slight_smile:

@Lg11 Disabling bluetooth should be something that you give a try only to turn this toggle on or off. Once youā€™ve tried to turn it on/off, whether it is successfully in staying in the right position or not, you can go ahead and turn your bluetooth back on and go back to normal.

Thank you for this info - I have now installed Rapid Ring - I am now able to view ā€˜live viewā€™ much faster

1 Like

Well said, I totally agree with you, Iā€™ve been trying to get these idiots to fix this problem for the last three months and they havenā€™t done anything about it

Ok guys I know we are all frustrated here but letā€™s not wish death upon anyone come one. Let me chime in on what may be going here in particularly because I work in CS For another company widely used by consumers. The reality is that the people at top probably do not care about fixing the issue. Customer service Iā€™m sure has nothing to do with fixing the issue. They are being told what to say by their managers because itā€™s prob not high on the list for developers to fix for some reason. So letā€™s not blame them. I know with my company it works that way. We get people frustrated caking in all the time and we (cs) knows itā€™s an issue but development ranks them in priority. So we have to tell people itā€™s being looked at when in reality itā€™s at a bottom of a list. This however to me seems very important given how many iPhone users use the device. Iā€™m not making excuses for ring but letā€™s blame the proper parties here , and thatā€™s the people up top ? not cs.

1 Like

Well, just a heads up to everyone here I contact local ABC news here in Phoenix and the called and emailed me back today and want to know more about the issue. Iā€™m calling them first thing Monday. They are also aware of this forum already and how no one is getting answers or support. Seems Ring does not care but perhaps getting the news involved will light a fire under their incompetence and get this resolved. To me Ring is just another company that strayed as a good idea and forgot the basic principle of good business practices and service. Well, now the press is about to get involved.

1 Like

Fantastic, I tried to talk to KXAN news over here and they didnā€™t care, you can use me as a witness for your ABC News and you can also use my video for ABC News

https://youtu.be/SGKcMpjij0c

Make sure you tell them this is a member to member support forum. Itā€™s not customer service. Itā€™s stated when you signed into it. If you need customer service your have to call them.

Hello yes this is just a member forum I came here to see if another member had and solution to the problem as I know some of you out there are quite tech savvy which I am def not and maybe I was missing a trick Having spoke to customer service myself they canā€™t help just that they are working on the problem! I tried the second app Iā€™ve tried everything I donā€™t get why itā€™s so difficult to stop that happening but I think itā€™s coz they not actually trying but like I said I donā€™t know much.

Just installed the peephole camera yesterday and experiencing the same problem with the toggle being turned off. Very frustrating if it is indeed disabling the alerts and not just a display issue within the app. I havenā€™t done enough testing to see if it only happens when I force-close the app.

I just downloaded Rapid Ring and see if that helps.

I got a new ring app update for my Iphone and it did not help. This problem is NOT solved. It is time Ring gets this fixed and soon. I bought this for security for my wife and I and now I do not get notified when someone is at my door. Not good public relations. If your programmers for the app cannot fix this problem, then you need to find someone that can fix it.

I got a new ring app update today and it did fix my problem of the peephole cam turning off the motion alert. I am glad it is fixed.

1 Like

Since the latest update my Motion Sensor has not turned off on its own. Anyone else getting the same?

1 Like

I can confirm it appears fixed for me as well! FINALLY! I have force closed the app several times now and motion alerts stay on.

THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

Downloading the Rapid Ring app workaround worked for me (thank you to whomever posted that workaround previously!), but this morning got an email saying the last update has fixed this. I updated the Ring app to the latest version and tested it out (force closing, switching apps, etc). Happy to confirm that it has been resolved for me! Took 3 months but I am just glad that itā€™s fully functional as it should be now and super thankful that I can have something like this as Iā€™m renting and cannot drill or hardwire anything. THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

Hey neighbors! It looks like this concern is fixed at this time and the toggle should be back to working as intended. If you are still experiencing this concern, please remove the Ring app from your device, reboot your device (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the app. You should see it perform as normal from there. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Experiencing this problem now as well. Tried suggestion of reinstalling app after powering off iPhone. Did not correct the problem