iOS - Ring Peephole - Motion Alert keeps turning off

Yes it seems to be so inconsistant. Yesterday it worked all day, then turned off late late night. I have the rapid ring so I still get the alerts. This seems to be a temp fix. Clearly there is a BIG issue with IOS users, that they need to address. They would be wise to fix it before they loose a large chunk of their business. FYI its a new version out that still has yet to resolve the issue. I would recomend rating the app on this new vs as well. Anytime a new version is released the reviews are for the current vs.

1 Like

Has Ring rooted cause this issue yet? Any release date for firmware fix?

I spoke to them today they said itā€™s not been an issue for anyone else brushed it off and said we will get back to you lol ? absolute joke mines not worked properly since Iā€™ve had it

It seems now that it works for me at least as long as I dont go in the settings. This is no fix at all and needs to be fixed PERIOD but I was curious if anyone else has seen this?

Iā€™ve got the same issue, having tried all the options youā€™ve all been given Iā€™ve been told to try downloading the ā€œrapid ringā€ app in the App Store as a temporary fix

Hi guys,

Was having the same issue. I had installed the Rapid app by ring also and I wonder if that caused the conflict. So far Iā€™ve deleted the main ring app and installed just the rapid up and turned on the motion notifications and in that app they stay turned on and itā€™s fast.

Iā€™ll see what happens over the next few days. But so far so good with the ring rapid app. I hardly need to use the main app unless I want to do some major settings.

Same problem. Iā€™ve reinstalled app as suggested but still nothing works. Sometimes it randomly switches off by itself but also if I force close the app that will switch it off to. has anyone had a solution yet

Ring Rapid app solved the problem for this moment, and besides, it is also very fast

any resolution yet? admins please respond. thank you

Itā€™s a joke you have to have 2 apps to be able to use the system
Every update shows you the same features youā€™ve had the whole time
And the spotlight cam picture 100% does not display like the commercials itā€™s night vision and colour is completely different
Clever marketing, easy to use security solution hahaha

This problem has been going on for a very long time. I think we all shoild return it and ask for full refund plus compensation. Customer service is a joke, tech help does NOT exist.

Sorry guys, but this is only a pice of software, and software dosnt work sometimesā€¦ any software, everywhere. And technology doesnā€™t last long, that boosts the economy. It is not vital, just have a little patience. Besides, ring wouldnā€™t give a d4mn if we gave back our equipment. Use the workaround, an app more or less on the smartphone, does not play a roleā€¦

Hi, I am having the same problem . Just wandering whether you have managed to solve the problems.

No nothing no help there doesnā€™t seem to be anyone you can actually speak to either

@Noorhogg the only solution at the moment is a workaround with the second Ring App ā€žRapid Ringā€œ.
It takesover the push funktion from the main App

Ah ok thatā€™s interesting. Iā€™ve also noticed that if Iā€™m wearing my watch my watch gets the notification before my phone which means my phone sometimes doesnā€™t even get the notification do you know of this would help that issue to

Which watch are you getting the notifications on?

An Apple Watch. Still donā€™t get the motion ones tho because of original issue

Wow found this forum and I have the same issue! Really Ring?! No answer for this widespread issue? I work for Best Buy. This will never get a recommendation in my store. Not that you care anyways apparently. Full refund coming tomorrow at work!

Hello neighbors. I just wanted to update everyone in this thread that we are still looking into this. I apologize in advance if some of you are still experiencing this. The information you all have provided has been and will continue to be shared with our team for further investigation.

For troubleshooting, as this may alleviate this concern for some of you, please try the following:

• Make sure your iOS version, Android version and Ring App version are up to date.
  • Make sure the Peephole Cam is recording motion normally, as you will see your event history with some events.
  • Please try removing the Ring app from your phone, rebooting your phone (turn it off/on), and then reinstall the app.
  • Please ensure Bluetooth, VPN, and/or Hotspots are disabled.
  • If possible, please send over a share link to a video of the following: a screen recording from your phone, demonstrating the motion alert toggle in the ON position, the Ring App being force closed, the Ring App being reopened, and showing the current motion alert toggle position for your Peephole Cam. This is an amazing thing for our support team to have as a reference. If you are able to do this, please also include your Ring app version and your software version for your phone so this can be passed along.

Of course, feel free to share any steps that worked for you as our other neighbors might benefit from it. As always, our support team is happy to assist and take an in-depth look for you here. If you reach out to them, they can document this on your personal account. We appreciate your patience in the meanwhile, thank you neighbors! :smiley_cat:

I have accepted this post as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and are investigating it further, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try the troubleshooting steps recommended, in hopes of it resolving their toggle concerns. Additionally, this is to help engage our neighbors to provide us more examples to pass on to our team.