How to Get No Push Messages When Home

I have two cameras, and I have motion detection on for them. But when my system is set to “home” “disarmed”, I don’t really care what I see there, so I don’t want push notifications.

Is there a way to achieve this? Or do I have to turn motion detection completely off for the “home” “disarmed” mode?

Edit: I meant “disarmed” mode, not “home”, so I fixed that.

Good question, @mrmlt! With the Modes features, you should have the option to customize what each device will do in a specific mode. While logged in on the Ring app, visit the menu and select Settings. There you will see a Modes options where you can tap each mode (home, away, disarmed). There will be an option to customize your Camera devices, which will allow you to disable motion detection. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Marley,

Thanks for your response, but it’s not exactly what I’m looking for. I would like to keep motion detection on, so it shows up in the timeline view, but in the “Disarmed” mode, I don’t want to get notifications for it on my phone.

Can you confirm whether that’s possible? If not, how do we get a feature request to the development team?

Thanks,

–Mathias

Thank you for clarifying further, @mrmlt! You actually have a choice between features for obtaining recorded motions events while preventing the alert from it. Motion Snooze can accomplish this on the fly, by simply snoozing alerts for a desired duration of time. If there is a specific time of day or routine times of the week that you’d like to avoid alerts, the Motion Scheduling feature is best.

I’m glad you asked about requesting features. We’ve created a Feature Request board just for our neighbors! Feel free to add any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

Hi Marley,

Thanks again for your response. Motion Snooze or Motion Scheduling also don’t do what I want.

Let me summarize:

1. Using Modes, I could turn “Motion Detection” off for the “Unarmed” mode, and then I wouldn’t get any notifications when the alarm system is in “Unarmed” (that’s what I want), but the camera also wouldn’t record any video when there’s motion (that’s not what I want).

2. Using Motion Snooze, I could disable notifications (that’s what I want), but I would have to do that every time I disarm the alarm system (that’s not what I want).

3. Using Motion Scheduling, I could set a time when I don’t want notifications at all (e.g. during the daytime, when I’m usually at home now and awake), but then I wouldn’t get notifications during that time when the system is in “Away” mode either (e.g. when it’s daytime, but I’ve gone to the post office; that’s not what I want).

What I want is that as part of the Modes feature, I can say:

• for “Unarmed”, I want motion detection, but no notifications

• for “Home” and “Away”, I want both motion detection and notifications.

It sounds like that’s not something that can be done now, even though it doesn’t sound unreasonable to me. So I’ve created this feature request:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Mode-Controlled-Notifications/idi-p/74499#M4395