Garage status "Error" for shared user

Perhaps this is a known issue? Are there any workarounds?

My shared user is not able to see garage status from the Ring app. Instead of a status of Opened or Closed, the status shows “Error”. If the shared user then opens the MyQ app from the Ring app, everything looks fine and they are able to operate the garage door. I am wondering if the Ring app is unable to obtain garage status for the shared user because the garage door is in a “shared” home as opposed to their default home? I would like my shared user to be able to see the garage status from the Ring app. Please let me know if there are any workarounds.

Hi @RKJ. Would you be able to share a screenshot of the error you are getting? Also, what type of phone and what version of the Ring app is installed for the Shared User? I share this information with my team to see if this is an intended action or if this is something we need to take a closer look at. I do know that Shared Users have specific Roles and Abilities in the Ring app, as described in this Help Center article here. Once I have the above information, I’ll hopefully be able to clarify more. Thanks, neighbor!

1 Like

Hi Tom,

Piggy backing on the OPs question.
I have the same issue.

MyQ works for the shared user within it’s own app.
However, there’s an error message within Rings app.

Has there been a solution to this. I’m having same issue on Samsung phones.

I am having the same issue. Have there been any updates to this or a resolution?

Bump for someone from Ring to provide support.

I’m having the same issue. Is there a solution?

Hi neighbors! As Tom had asked earlier in the thread, what type of phone and what version of the Ring App is installed for the Shared User? I can share this concern with my team to get more insight once I have more information. :slight_smile: