Error Message When Viewing History

I have a StickUp Cam Battery.

Every now and then when viewing my history, when clicking on an item I get the following message:
“The video is not available. A Ring plan or trial was not active when this event took place”

I can view the other events.

I have a Ring Plan, so why do I get this message

Bump. Anybody have an answer for this?

Hi @MightyGem. For this concern, I suggest contacting our support team. Once verified, they’ll be able to go over your account and determine what happened. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi Tom:

I called support about this issue. They do not know how to troubleshoot it. They only have scripts to follow and the scripts do not address this issue. Someone needs to look at the back end to determine what is happening. There are several threads in the forum about this issue.

On my account you can check two videos from 7/22. One is at 15:05 on the Driveway Spotlight Cam. RSSI for that device is -49. The second is at 17:49 from the Front Lawn Spotlight Cam. The RSSI for that device is -32. I have seen this several more times over the last few weeks but did not record the date/time. Only a few random videos are affected.

See my comment in this thread:

You may have better luck getting someone to look at it than we can.

Thanks.

I just checked some recent videos and also have the issue on:

7/23 11:11 Driveway Spotlight Cam

Thanks everyone. I only use the camera for watching hedgehogs in our garden, so it’s not a major problem.

Update.

I view my footage on the Ring website page for my camera. I’ve found that refreshing the page clears the error message.

Hope that’s of some use to others.

1 Like