Echo Show not showing video

Hi

I have today set up an echo show 8. I have made sur to enable monitoring however it is not working with the doorbell…

firstly if the door bell rings then nothing happens on the echo show…

also i was hoping i could live view through the echo show - but not sure if that is possible?

thanks!

Hi @CCRing. You will need to make sure you have set up the Ring Skill in the Alexa app and discovered your Ring devices. We have instructions on how to connect Amazon Alexa devices with Ring devices in our Help Center article here. Once you have that set up, you can see what commands you can use to control your Video Doorbell or Security Camera with the information in this article.

Thanks Caitlyn - i failed to say in my original post that I have set up the Ring Skill in Alexa app and still not working.

@CCRing No worries. Have you turned on Doorbell Press notifications in the Ring app? You can go Devices in the Alexa app > All Devices > your Ring Doorbell and then toggle on Doorbell Press notifications. Additionally, tap on Announcement Devices to make sure your compatible Alexa device is checked for your Doorbell. Disabling and reenabling the Ring skill in the Alexa app would be the first troubleshooting step to try if it is still not working after ensuring everything is toggled on correctly.

1 Like

Thanks Caitlyn

I have another issue re the toggle not enabling see here: ‘Ring Alerts’ not set on the app for video doorbell 4 - Products / Ring App - Ring Community

Im unable to locate "Announcement Devices " - where is this please?

@CCRing It is in the Alexa app under All Devices > your Ring Doorbell > underneath the Announcements section. In my Alexa app, it shows directly above the Doorbell Press Notifications and Motion Announcements. It allows you to choose which Echo devices Alexa will make an announcement on, as many neighbors may have multiple Echo devices and do not want to receive announcements on all of them.

resolved - thanks Caitlyn

1 Like

@CCRing You’re welcome, I’m glad to hear you got it sorted. :slight_smile:

My Echo Show activates when my Ring doorbell is activated, but when I ask it to, “show my front door”, it says device not found. I have performed all the suggestions shown to no avail. Other suggestions welcomed. The doorbell is clearly available on my phone app also.

Hi @Musket33. Since you have tried all the steps mentioned in thread and are still having the same concern, the next best step would be to give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. You can also reach out to our support team on Facebook by sending a private message to @Ring.

I have a similar problem, I followed all the instructions but I the “announcement devices” drop down menu is completely blank. The echo show 5 shows the camera when the doorbell is pressed but there is no notification/announcement.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.