Door Sensor Continuously Beeping when door is ope

I’ve had this same problem with a 1st Gen sensor. The first time it happened I replaced the sensor with a new 1st Gen sensor and that corrected the problem. It happened again with the same sensor about a year later. This time I just deleted the sensor from the Ring application and then just added it back like it was a new sensor. The problem corrected and I haven’t had any issues for about a week. I agree with a previous poster that this appears to be a software glitch that needs to be corrected.

1 Like

I’m now having the same issue. When I open my sliding glass door with a sensor installed, it continuosly beeps from about 15 seconds to more then 30 seconds (this morning it didn’t seem like it was going to stop and I pulled the battery).

It appears this problem has been going on for almost a year now and Ring doesn’t seem to have a solution.

Very disappointing Ring.

4 Likes

Just started having the same issue this morning. When the door opens it won’t stop beeping. Removed battery- keeps happening. Will try to remove the sensor from my system and see if that works but we need an actual fix from ring!

2 Likes

Add me to the list. Started a few days ago. No fix? I’ll call RING I guess.

2 Likes

Me too! My sensor on my sliding door just started chirping when I opened the door. I’ve tried all of the suggested “fixes” with no luck. The events show up in the history of that door as open/close about 20 times in one minute. RING, what’s the FIX??? Please

2 Likes

This also just started happening to me!! My husband leaves for work at 4am and has to load supplies from the garage daily so the door is open for several minutes. The chirping is waking the kids who have to get up for school and me!!! This is awful.
Ring please answer this question??!!!

2 Likes

Same problem here. A temporary fix, go to the device settings, select NONE for the chirp tone. I’d rather just buy a new sensor than spend 2 hours on hold waiting for a real person.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. The message next to this text entry box says the topic has been solved, but I see no solution in these messages.

1 Like

I removed the sensor/device from the Ring App and added it back.

This seems to have gotten rid of the issue with being alerted repeatedly once door is open and 3 feet away from sensor.

2 Likes

This is happening to me starting yesterday. Back door, when it opens, the alarm dings constantly and shows a massive flurry of open, close, open, close alerts on the app. The door is only opening once (wide open > than 3 feet) and closing once. I see this issue has been going on for a long time. What the hell is going on? How is this not addressed? And more specifically… How is it not fixed?

Not solved. More than a year later… No solution. Why is this marked resolved?

Actually, this would be a nice optional feature!

We have an exterior gate that we would love to have the system beep constantly while open! It’s never supposed to be open long, and kids keep leaving it open (and the dogs get out!)

Maybe if they add a toggle to enable “constant beeping while open” - they might fix this bug at the same time when they add the code to “toggle back.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.