Different Chime Tones based on which doorbell or camera activated

Come on Ring, sort this out…seems mad that you have to buy the Chime separately in the first place, let alone having to get an additional one for every doorbell just so you know which door to answer.

3 Likes

Please sort this ASAP - bought second Ring doorbell - but it is highly annoying that one cannot distinguish which one rings!

2 Likes

I called ring support, and the representative told me to buy double the number of chimes so that I can have 2 in each room so I can tell if the front or the back doorbell is ringing - this is absolutely unacceptable. So if you want to know if you your front or back door is ringing you need to have double the number of chimes so ring can charge you $50+ per chime. This is a feature people have been asking for since 2019

3 Likes

This is a must for safety reason I really dont understand why this isn’t a option.

3 Likes

This truly is important. The two doors are two floors apart!!

3 Likes

Wow! I really did not think this was an issue or I would have purchased a different system. It is so inconvenient to have to go look to see which doorbell was rung. I purchased 2 ring doorbells (front and back doors) and the chime. It would be so helpful if I could choose a specific chime for each doorbell! Please fix!

3 Likes

Why is this taking so long??? This feature is a must or there isnt really a point in using a chime. Who wants to scramble to figure out what camera the motion was detected… ridiculous.

3 Likes

We recently invested in a second Ring doorbell, assuming this feature existed (Because why wouldn’t it? Surely testing having 2 doorbells connected at once originally would flag up this problem at Ring HQ?). I’m amazed it doesn’t. Please give us the option to set a different tone per Chime per doorbell, Ring! :frowning: :sob:

4 Likes

Currently have 2 hardwired doorbells with both connected to two chimes. One chime sounds inside the house. The other sounds in an outside area. They both have different sounds for the individual doors. If it is possible to do this with 10 year old style doorbells, how is it not possible for technology heavy Ring doorbells?

3 Likes

Here to repeat the comments from others, please make this feature available.

3 Likes

Just bought a 2nd doorbell and support told me it never going to be possible to have different tones for different bells.

It really can’t be that difficult!

2 Likes

+1 for this feature please. I also have two doors and would like separate tones for each.

2 Likes

THIS topic was created 2.5 years ago; another similar thread is 3.5 YEARS old! 2 Doorbells and 2 chimes same sounds

The programming involved in this is laughably easy. Put it into beta testing for a day or two and push it out.

Come on; so simple to implement. All I see is Ring coming out with new products, slightly higher camera resolution. Seemingly unwilling to add in a new feature that many people ‘thought’ was standard!

The only way to have different chime tones for different doors is to buy an individual Chime unit for each door(bell). That makes sense, if your goal is to sell more product. (Get a basic Chime for $35 or a Chime Pro for $60.)

3 Likes

Adding my request to the list. Alexa supports this feature, so surely the Amazon family can stretch to add Ring too

1 Like

Amazing that this isn’t a thing!

1 Like

Adding my request. I was ready to purchase a ring for the back door. Not gonna do it until there are different chimes. It can’t be that difficult to implement. No one should have to guess whether to go to the front door or back door.

I found this community request just in time. Stopped me getting a second doorbell in a sale. I will not buy more ring products until this is resolved.

I have found that this CRITICAL issue has been being reported and requested for YEARS! At least back since early 2019. It still has not been resolved. Amazon gets no excuses for this type of failure. NONE!

Yes, I find this super frustrating not to know which Ring Doorbell is ringing (front door or back door or gate by the street). Please do a software update to fix this, Ring!! Thanks!

1 Like

Add me to the list of frustrated users. We have 3 bells and 2 chimes and it is infuriating not to know which bell to answer. We were so happy with 1 bell one chime. We mistakenly assumed it would have this feature when we bought the additional devices. We are seriously considering returning the additional devices (still under 30 days) and going with another system even if the cost is greater.