Chime losing connection

We have been using our Chime doorbell for over a year. It has suddenly stopped connecting with our doorbell.

We have followed all the troubleshoot instructions, including a reset of both our wifi router and the chime itself with no luck.

The chime spends its day flashing green. We have tried connecting it as a new device but when it gets to 95% it turns from blue to red and we get an error message (attached).

If we “try again” the same thing happens. Over and over.

Our doorbell is connecting fine, with no issues. I cannot understand why our chime has just stopped working.

Hi @user67195. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps I would have recommended for your concern, the next best step is to work with our support team to further investigate this with you. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

I had a hell of a time troubleshooting this one. In my case it was an issue of 2 Access Points that were fighting over the connection.

In other words, the 2.4Ghz WiFi signals of both AP’s were equally as strong, so the Ring Chime didn’t know to which AP to connect resulting in loss of connection.

The Ring Chime is pretty sensitive on this.

I solved it by creating an iOT WiFi network per floor and point that network to the AP on that floor. After that I reconfigured the WiFi of the Ring Chime to that network and I never had a connection failure again.