Ring-Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring-Alarm and Ring-Alarm Pro.
K
Can the 2nd gen alarm arm itself?
false-alarm
ring-alarm
troubleshooting
Hi, I'm trying to remotely support my elderly mother who has a Ring Alarm Pro (2nd gen), which I installed for her on my last visit to the UK. Unfortunately she is reluctant to use it so it never gets used unless I arm it remotely when she is away for an extended period, then disarm it again when she is returning. Recently she nipped out for 5 minutes to the local shop and when she came back the alarm was sounding, however she had not knowingly armed it. I was able to disarm it for her remotely but now the alarm is using Alarm Mobile Backup, despite her internet connection being okay, which means I am unable to see any events in the Ring app. Q1. Is it possible for the alarm to arm itself? Q2. Is anyone aware of this happening due to a malfunction or when the "The Ring System is experiencing difficulties"? Q3. What can I tell her to do to get the Alarm Pro to use her internet connection instead of mobile backup

17-09-2023 12:50:21

Responses (2)

T
Hi @KevinH1. It is not possible for the Ring Alarm to arm itself. If the system is on Mobile Backup, you can reboot the Base Station to prompt a reconnection. There is a small pinhole on the back of Base Station that you can QUICKLY TAP (not hold) to reboot the system. Holding this button down will result in a factory reset and require the assistance of our support team.

18-09-2023 03:03:50

K
thanks Tom. Once the base station was back online using the house internet connection I was able to see the events and could see that my mother had somehow managed to arm the alarm without realising!

21-09-2023 06:04:06

T
Hi @KevinH1. Glad to hear that you've figured this out!

21-09-2023 04:49:31

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

21-10-2023 04:49:52

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User