Can’t remove ring devices

We left our ring security system in the home we moved out of but now we are unable to remove the device from our account. we don’t have access to the system anymore - is there any way to remove the devices from our phones Without being there?

1 Like

Hey @Chelsiamia. You definitely can still remove them! Instead of using the Remove Device feature, you will be using the Remove Failed Device feature in the app. You will go into the Ring app > main menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > select the Alarm Device to remove (such as a Contact Sensor) > tap on the gear icon at the top right > Advanced Options > Remove Failed Device > Remove. This is a manual removal of devices like this, so this should help you remove those devices from your account! Once they are removed, you can unregister your Base Station and it should all be gone from your app. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The steps are different from above.

1. Open app
    2.Click the 3 lines to open the menu.
  2. Click Devices.
  3. Click the device you want to remove.
  4. Click Device Settings.
  5. Click Advanced Options.
  6. Click Remove Failed Device.

I had to do this when I had my back door replaced, and the construction workers took away the old door with the sensor on it before I could retrieve or remove it. Good luck.

This seems to work for devices like cameras and doorbells, but it doesn’t work for the base station when it’s in cellular mode. I left a ring alarm system at a tenant’s house and once they took control of the internet in the house I could no longer seem access or remove the base station because I continue to get a screen that doesn’t give me any other options. Does anyone know how to handle that?

1 Like

Hi @EarthToneHome. The Base Station would need to be reconnected to wifi in order to remove the Ring Alarm components. Once it is reconnected to the internet, each of the components can be removed, with the Base Station being removed from the Ring app last. If you’re unable to get the Base Station reconnected to wifi, since you are no longer at the installation location, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.