Base station won’t reconnect after loss of internet

When my Internet goes down and is then restored the base station stays off-line. The Internet connection is via powerline. I know that the Internet is live again as the camera does connect. The bass station however it stays off-line until you reboot the power line. I do not have ring protect Plus. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem with the base station, is this a known issue?

Hi @user3431. You can also try rebooting your Base Station to see if that helps. To reboot your Base Station Quickly press and release the reset button at the back of the device with a paper clip or similar tool. DO NOT PRESS AND HOLD THE RESET BUTTON DOWN LONGER THAN ONE SECOND TO AVOID FACTORY RESETTING THE DEVICE. If you have tried this step and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Should not take manual intervention - I live 3 hours from my base station and my internet goes out every other day…Due to the poor programming of the ring base station my ring is on cellular backup most of the time…I have tried wifi and ethernet…Ring refuses to fix this issue which has existed since day one…their base station advertise they reconnect but they are unreliable at best and junk at worst…why won’t ring just fix the issue?

Hi @gackdeux. If you have rebooted your Base Station and it still consistently will not reconnect to your wifi once it is back up and running, the next best step is to contact our support team to further investigate.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.